Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
LouieAWDTSi
AF Enthusiast

Re: This time..I'M SERIOUS.. I really am back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64 View Post
It'll look good on it. Worth the money for the ascetics you gain.

Next, I would give the whole car a go around with any/all maintenance it is due for or needs. This is the key to keeping these cars problem free.

And no, I don't have an ash tray. Sorry... Got a nice aftermarket intake though that never got put on the car... lol
Yeah, I believe I'll be happy with the convert boot too. And yup, the tranny will need attention, debating to upgrade now to a better tranny and just pay once for tranny work. I will also need a new front bumper.

The car is lowered, but when at high speeds, its bouncing all over the road (new struts maybe?). I was thinking about raising it to stock height so it rides better(bumps, curb rashes all suck). Plus working on the car in my driveway is hard with it lowered. Not sure if I can drive it up on ramps with it lowered.

I also will replace a motor mount for sure, driver's side by the timing belt, and check on the others for sure.
Intake for sale you say....tell me more..intake manifold or filter hardpipe? if so brand? size? for stock maf? recirc tube welded on?

--the DD-->99 ACURA 3.2 TL

--Sold 92TSi AWD, 6-bolt, auto, evo 3 gt turbo with supporting mods

Last edited by LouieAWDTSi; 06-17-2012 at 03:17 PM.
LouieAWDTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAWDTSi View Post
Yeah, I believe I'll be happy with the convert boot too. And yup, the tranny will need attention, debating to upgrade now to a better tranny and just pay once for tranny work. I will also need a new front bumper.

The car is lowered, but when at high speeds, its bouncing all over the road (new struts maybe?). I was thinking about raising it to stock height so it rides better(bumps, curb rashes all suck). Plus working on the car in my driveway is hard with it lowered. Not sure if I can drive it up on ramps with it lowered.

I also will replace a motor mount for sure, driver's side by the timing belt, and check on the others for sure.
Intake for sale you say....tell me more..intake manifold or filter hardpipe? if so brand? size? for stock maf? recirc tube welded on?
Guess I should have specified better. It is an intake manifold. Sheet metal that I had gotten online but it has no markings for a manufacturer. I can shoot ya some more details and pics in an email if your interested.
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
LouieAWDTSi
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Guess I should have specified better. It is an intake manifold. Sheet metal that I had gotten online but it has no markings for a manufacturer. I can shoot ya some more details and pics in an email if your interested.
I think I am going to wait a little bit before I put money out for performance parts, I need to take care of the current issue's and maintenance first. If you still have it for sale in the coming months, I might just ask for some details on it. Thanks though!

Any idea about the suspension scenario/issue's that I mentioned. I really am considering redoing it all back to stock height/suspension. Opinions welcomed.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #19
Blackcrow64
AF Moderator

Sounds good man. Get that maintenance in order first!

When it's lowered your gonna have less travel for the struts and shocks and you'll experience a rather bumpy ride if they are bottoming out. It's also bad for them to do that. When lowering it should be done with proper parts that were made for it. Could be just cut springs with factory struts and shocks... Check it out and let us know.
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06
  • 14 Silverado 1500
Blackcrow64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #20
LouieAWDTSi
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Sounds good man. Get that maintenance in order first!

When it's lowered your gonna have less travel for the struts and shocks and you'll experience a rather bumpy ride if they are bottoming out. It's also bad for them to do that. When lowering it should be done with proper parts that were made for it. Could be just cut springs with factory struts and shocks... Check it out and let us know.
Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'll have to look into it, like I said, I am in no rush on any of these things, I put like 40 miles on the car in like the three weeks I've owned it so I will slowly take care of stuff. I am certainly leading towards stock suspension, easier to work on without a lift and better ride quality from my experiences.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
phillipshaw
AF Newbie

Welcome back! That's a nice car! cool!

― Robert Frost
phillipshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
LouieAWDTSi
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipshaw View Post
Welcome back! That's a nice car! cool!
I believe this is the 3rd time you have said this lol. Virus or something?

Hey guys... got the boot in today, im happy with it.