Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:37 AM   #1
diablo92
AF Newbie

Exclamation I will be an Automotive Designer

It is my dream to become an automotive designer.

I want it so bad that I am willing to leave Toronto, Canada, and move to Milan or Turin, Itlay, and even learn Italin, which i presently dont know(i plan 3-4 years to start this as i develop my portfolio).

I feel in order to be the best, I need to be right in the middle of the action.

I constantly hear Milan as being one of the design centers of the world, and i always here about Turin and exotic car makers.

I hope I have the right info about these places, or if there are better places out there.

I know California is great for design as well, if Italy is better i could care less,(i am willing to learn any language).

Anyone out there with any knowledege please please respond, this is a dream i have had since i was 8.

Thankyou in advance.
diablo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:09 AM   #2
Rukh
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Rukh Send a message via Yahoo to Rukh
Re: I will be an Automotive Designer

The best school in the world for Auto Design is generally considered to be the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena California.

I would recommend moving to Cali, rather than Italy, as you would have fewer things to take up your time that could be well spent developing your portfolio. Another option is to go to the one school in the US that doesn't require a portfolio to get into their design program, the Academy of Art College, in San Francisco California - generally considered to be #3 of the 5 schools in the USA. (#2 is usually considered to be the Center For Creative Studies in Detroit Michigan - relatively close to Toronto.)

One thing to consider, is that most car companies the world over (including companies that don't even sell in America) all have design bureaus in California, as they believe the culture and environment foster creativity. There must be some truth to it, because I don't imagine nearly every car company would foolishly spend their money without some evidence to back up their reasoning...

Rukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:17 AM   #3
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

I agree, but I've never heard of any american designing an european or japanese exotic, so I would recomend that you at least send some scetches to all exotic car brands you like.. maybe, if you show that you really have the creativity, you may receive some call... just try it!
spare_me_a_murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #4
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

do also become an automotive designer for like a car manufacturer such as maybe Lamborghini,Ferrari and etc but in that country?
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:06 PM   #5
diablo92
AF Newbie

Thanks for the advice, it seems your right rukh bout art center, just checking it out now.

This will probably be three or four years away for me, cause unfortunatly I am caught up in a computer science degree.

Transportation design is definetly going to happen.

Thanks again for the advice.
Old 12-10-2003, 12:05 AM   #6
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare_me_a_murci
I agree, but I've never heard of any american designing an european or japanese exotic, so I would recomend that you at least send some scetches to all exotic car brands you like.. maybe, if you show that you really have the creativity, you may receive some call... just try it!
Isn't that new guy at BMW that everyone seems to be hating so much from America? Anywho, i still like his designs.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 AM   #7
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

I really don't know... but I'm pretty sure there are americans designing beautiful cars out there... I simply don't know of any of them.
spare_me_a_murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:55 PM   #8
Rukh
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Rukh Send a message via Yahoo to Rukh

Nearly all of the lead designers in the world are graduates of the Art Center College of Design.

The Ferrari Enzo was designed by Ken Okuyama, a Japanese guy working at the time for Pininfarina. Mr Okuyama is now the Chair of Transportation Design at the Art Center, and a graduate of their program in 1986.

If you want to design cars, work hard on a portfolio and try, try, try, to get into the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.

Rukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:29 AM   #9
diablo92
AF Newbie

Someday I want Luc donckerwokle's job (if that's the spelling) head of design at the CSL (Centro Stile Lamborghini), then I want Horacia Pagani's job, designing and producing my own cas.

God damn I love Lamborghini's. Too much.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:40 PM   #10
Guyanson_Mendiola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo92
Someday I want Luc donckerwokle's job (if that's the spelling) head of design at the CSL (Centro Stile Lamborghini), then I want Horacia Pagani's job, designing and producing my own cas.

God damn I love Lamborghini's. Too much.
Luc Donckerwokle, the designer of the Muricelago and the Murcielago is an amazing car, I also love Lambo's too much also.
Guyanson_Mendiola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #11
xPaPiisLaDii77x
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xPaPiisLaDii77x Send a message via MSN to xPaPiisLaDii77x
Exclamation HELP!!!! lol i need advice!!!!!!!

Hey guys, um yea if ANYONE could help me, im trying to do a report on automotive design, n well yea im kinda clue less bout all this so IF ANYONE that knows what there talkin bout can help me out i would b really thankful! lol if you have MSN my sn is x12angelbaby7x@hotmail.com, or AIM my sn is xPaPiisLaDii77x hit me up!! thanks much
xPaPiisLaDii77x is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion