Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 07:32 AM   #1
Buzzag
AF Newbie

Heater system problem

While camping in the northwoods of Wisconsin, mice got into my truck and tore up a roll of tissue and proceeded to take it into the heating system and build a nest. I believe that the mice have since died and now there is a terrible smell (perhaps the blower fan chopped them up?). Now the only way I get sufficient heat is when the blower is on high and even then, it is only partial and the blower motor makes a grinding noise.
My question is how do I access this to clean it out or is this a job better left to the professionals?
Buzzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 11:17 AM   #2
monk
AF Newbie

Re: Heater system problem

my f-150 smells like engine coolant when heat is on..so i replaced the heater core they charged me 700.oo bills.. im pissed. 2000 f-150 #7700 5.4
monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:37 AM   #3
gargoyle
AF Newbie

Re: Heater system problem

Well Bazzag, What year is your truck?? It should be realativly easy. The blower motor is located under the hood on the firewall on the passenger's side right next to the fender. If your truck is a 1980 thur 1996 let me know. I have the "Haynes repair manual" sitting right hear and would gladly talk you through the step's and then you could decied if you want to to the job yourself or not.
gargoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
Buzzag
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Heater system problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargoyle
Well Bazzag, What year is your truck?? It should be realativly easy. The blower motor is located under the hood on the firewall on the passenger's side right next to the fender. If your truck is a 1980 thur 1996 let me know. I have the "Haynes repair manual" sitting right hear and would gladly talk you through the step's and then you could decied if you want to to the job yourself or not.
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I was in the northwoods deer hunting.
My truck is a 1996 F150. I do want to do the job myself, if possible, and I welcome any help that you can give me.
Buzzag is offline   Reply With Quote