Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
Takeshi_Nakazato
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Takeshi_Nakazato
Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch?

Can anyone tell me where the Fuel Pump Shut Off Switch is on a 1989 Ford F250 XLT Lariat?

if it helps, 5 speed/cab and a half/EFI

Our truck isn't getting any gas and we think that's the problem, but we don't have the original owners manual and there is a sticker on the crossmember infront of the radiator that says to check the manual if the switch is inadvertanedly switched off.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

1986 Toyota Corolla GTS Coupe
1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 Hatch (Project 20V)
Takeshi_Nakazato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
TheDirtyLittleMan
AF Newbie

i dont know where to find it on your truck but if you have a fuel pressure gauge and some noid lights you could diagnose your problem. if you dont have any fuel pressure to the fuel rail then you have a dead pump or your out of gas:silly2:

if you have spark (use a screw driver and hold it close to ground and see if it arks) and you have fuel pressure then you can use noid lights to see if there getting a signle. if there not then there could be a problem with a ground or injector harness among some other things.
TheDirtyLittleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:14 PM   #3
TheDirtyLittleMan
AF Newbie

just thaught of this. take your gas cap off and get some one to turn the trunk to the on position and see if you can hear the fuel pump(s).
TheDirtyLittleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #4
montangrunt
AF Newbie

The shut off swith is located behind your clutch pedal on the firewall. It's a black box with a push button at the top. If it is indeed pressed down, you can simply inset a screwdriver and push it back up. If that's not the problem, I think you should replace your fuel pump relay. i had the same problem, and my relay turned out bad. They usually cost about 15 bucks or so from ford.
montangrunt is offline   Reply With Quote