Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
XFBO
AF Newbie

There any common issues with w/wiper fluid bottles leaking........

on 2001 Tahoes???

Also if you can give me a heads up on removal from the top or bottom Id appreciate it. Like going into a project knowing as much as possible.
XFBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 AM   #2
jthomp23777
AF Regular

Re: There any common issues with w/wiper fluid bottles leaking........

I have pulled my windshield washer bottle out several times due to leaking issues on my 2001 Hoe. First the leaking problem was from corroded plastic water lines from the washer pumps that corroded from leaking battery acid. Lesson learned, buy a sealed battery. I went back to a AC Delco sealed battery and no more battery acid issues.This is what solved the corroded line problem.First turn tires to the left.To remove washer reservoir. Remove battery and battery resting plate,all bolts are 10mm bolts. You may want to unlatch plastic wheel well liner and fold over to gain easier removal and intall of the reservoir. Remove two bolts on washer reservoir, top and the bottom right. Disconnect hoses off pumps and also the low washer fluid sending unit connection. Pull reservoir straight down. If your pumps are leaking, you can get them off of Ebay under "windsheild washer pumps". I dealt with a seller named (Yezdeesetam),he sells used ones.Ones I bought looked brand new and inexpensive. If your lines are corroded. I just cut the lines at the top fender and just above the rubber 90 that is connected to the pump and reattach rubber hoses and clamp them with small hose clamps.If you have any acid corrosion issues with the battery on vehicle body, this is a good time to address it.If for any reason you remove the fill level sending unit,mark it first so it goes exactly that way back in. Make sure you mark your lines for front and back washers. Looking up from the ground, the left pump or closer to the sending unit will be your front and other back.Use a thin coat water base silicone lubricant on your rubber grommets before installing pumps. If installing pumps, the pumps may leak a little and then should reseat themselfs. Install the reverse of the removal. Good luck.
jthomp23777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
XFBO
AF Newbie

Re: There any common issues with w/wiper fluid bottles leaking........

jthomp thnx alot for taking the time to reply!

Im gonna try to take this on this weekend.
XFBO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe