Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
rockguy74
AF Newbie

Off Road Upgrades Advice

I could use some help! I own a 2004 X-Terra 4x4 and have recently been doing some off roading (I'm kinda new to the off raod scene). This past weekend I ran into some terrain that was to much for my stock rig to handle.

I want to make some upgrades to improve the off road performance. I have done some research and there are many options. I do have a limited budget, so I want to know what the off road veterans out there think is the most important and best use of my money.

New all terrain tires are a must I know (had serious traction issues this past weekend), however what about a lift? if so how much, maybe nerf bars? any other reccomendations?

Thanks for your advice!
rockguy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
Schludwiller
XTerra Guy

Re: Off Road Upgrades Advice

Yes, tires like you said. AT's if you offroad some, MT's if you offroad more or are in a wet environment when you offroad. Rock sliders are next. Really that's all you need if you're out offroading and new to it. One of our clubmembers went 3 years stock and went over almost everything the modified trucks could. The other suggestions I would make is upgrade to Bilstein shocks and take off your sway bar (if you're comfortable with that). You get good on-road improvement beyond the offroad comfort.

If I wasn't bored, I would grumble about this already being covered.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail