Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Pizzon
AF Newbie

Possible computer failure? 07 GP

Hey everyone. my mother called me last night and asked me to take a look at her 07 GP because she said her headlights didnt work and I came over to check it out. They do actually ignite well and do not flicker or anything. It seems to recreate the problem when you first turn the car on they work, run it for a while and park/turn off. come back to it, and they act like you use the parking lamps above the auto on the multi switch. Car claims headlights are on, and if you turn the auto daylight lamps off it warns headlamps are recommended... the gear lights dim out but all other instrument lights work. I turned the car off for about 10 minutes and cranked it, headlights worked fine. idk what happened to when we just turned lights on and off lol. Could it be a cpu problem? multiswitch or a fuze? im confused because everything works just when it wants to lol. And my mom is the kind of person who would let a mechanic put more exhaust transmission gear fluid in the headlamp clutch for 5,000$ lol. Thanks
Pizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
bearcatdon
AF Regular

Re: Possible computer failure? 07 GP

I would look at the daytime running light relay in the fuse box under the hood. It's about $30.00
bearcatdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
Pizzon
AF Newbie

Re: Possible computer failure? 07 GP

Thanks i will, I found the post about that after I posted this. Wasnt sure if that would cause it or not so now ill replace i, will check back whenI do, thanks!
Pizzon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix