Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
pcpoon
AF Newbie

New Honda Oddyssey

Now I hear that Honda will offer the New Oddyssey as a 2005 and do you think Honda will address the manufacturing capacity issues as well as the price of the minivan?

I hope the 2005 Oddyssey will be as good or even better than the 1999-2004 Oddyssey.

No picutre available yet.
pcpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 06:14 AM   #2
Lasha
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Lasha Send a message via AIM to Lasha Send a message via Yahoo to Lasha
Right now my Dad owns a 2001 Honda Oddyssey. He's been wanting to get a new one since the 2002 model came out. If the 2005 edition has some kick-ass new features like the windows being able to go down on the center doors, then he would get. I know him. The new Toyota Sienna has this feature which was copied from the Mazda MPV.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:23 PM   #3
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Hopefully Honda will work out the transmission & auto sliding door bugs before they decide to change the body style
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Lasha
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Lasha Send a message via AIM to Lasha Send a message via Yahoo to Lasha
Well my Dad's Honda doesn't have any bugs. The doors slide nice and smooth and the transmission is fine. Although, once my dad went into "Park" on a little hill and then when he switched back to "Drive," the transmission made a really big bang noise. My Dad got so pissed he just pressed the gas all the way zoomed up the hill. LOL.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Quote:
Although, once my dad went into "Park" on a little hill and then when he switched back to "Drive," the transmission made a really big bang noise.
Next time parking on a hill, set the parking brake before shifting into park. That takes all the weight off the gears making it easier to shift
Old 07-07-2003, 01:07 PM   #6
Lasha
AF Newbie

Parking break? I guessing your talking about the hand-brake, but anyway, my Dad's Odyssey is automatic. Maybe he didn't press the brakes hard enough the gears just jumped when he changed it, since it was on a hill.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #7
BullShifter
AF Moderator

YES parking brake . . .e-brake . . .hand brake is all the samething. It should be set any time the car is parked(auto or manual) to prevent strain on the tranny.

What do you think is holding that heavy ass van on the hill? THE TRANSMISSION

but anyways

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey