Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Savana
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 12:28 PM   #1
junk driver
AF Newbie

Question 1996 GMC savana w/150000 miles

I am getting a hesitation or stuttering on acceleration. when I try to take off. I am getting a multiple/random cylinder misfire and bank2 o2,
when I check the computer. It was tuned up 25000 miles ago with plugs wires cap rotor.I checked fuel pressure,60 lbs at fuel rail. I am ready to put new cap and wires and plugs on it agan but don't thank this is the prob.
junk driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
84fiero123
AF Regular

Thumbs up Re: 1996 GMC savana w/150000 miles

did you do rotor button to? one trick my dad had showed 35 years ago when you have a problem like this. put car in dark garage or wait until dark, really dark, start it with hood open, look for voltage leeks, if there are any you will see them in the dark wiggle wires, when your driving they move. look around any connections plug boots, cap maybe cracked, any of these problems will act like this especially if its raining or humidity is high.
good luck
84fiero123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:06 PM   #3
bac512
AF Newbie

sounds like what just happend with me...

my 96 Savanna did sort of the same thing, hesitation when stepping on the gas, I also had trouble starting the car, would have to use starting fluid to get it started... also, the check engine light would occationally come on, and the code it showed said the fuel mixture was lean.... now it's just dead... stepped on the gas, and the car sputtered & stopped, and won't restart...... anyone have any ideas?
bac512 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Savana