Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
LT1Silverhawk
Prone 2 Ask Alota ?s

Arrow 1995 Impala SS - Transmission Shifting Hard

Hey Guys,

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I have a 1995 Impala SS with a 383 stroker and a rebuilt perforrmance transmission. I can't tell you the specs on the transmission unfortunately but my problem is that it shifts insanely hard in first gear and pretty hard in second gear as well even though I'm driving Grandma style. I checked the transmission fuild this morning after running the car and the fluid level seems fine.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm not well-versed in atuo tranmission by any means and this is the second automatic vehicle I've purchased that I'm having issues with (the last one just had to be rebuilt).

Also, the cruise control switch has gomne bad and luckily I have a spare one siting around from a '95 Firebird. Any tips on replacing that before I start work would be greatly appreciated.

Thnaks again,

Last edited by LT1Silverhawk; 06-01-2009 at 07:46 PM.
LT1Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 1995 Impala SS - Transmission Shifting Hard

A performance trans, depending on the degree of mods, may shift a full line pressure as part of the upgrade, without knowing what was done to the trans your question cannot be answered.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
LT1Silverhawk
Prone 2 Ask Alota ?s

Re: 1995 Impala SS - Transmission Shifting Hard

After posting this question, I called the guy who sold me the car. He actually built this car for a customer who sold it to him after an accident.

I told him about the hard shifting and he told me that this tranmission was rebuilt with heavy duty parts and is a step below a racing transmission. The car was then tuned to achieve maximum performance. He did mention that it shifts at full-line pressure to handle the power and put it down properly.

Unfortunately, he had no specs to provide on the rebuild since it was a while back.

//^\\ 1996 Chevy Camaro Z28 "The Silverhawk" //^\\ 1995 Chevy Impala SS "The Flying Fortress" //^\\ 1977 Chevy Truck "Redneck Mobile" //^\\ 1984 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Presently a project //^\\
LT1Silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
4l60e , automatic , impala , lt1 , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS