Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #1
MarcoSaupe
AF Regular

Rislone Eagle, MPC, 1/25

Hi

I built another one, the 1968 Indy 500 winner, Uncle Bobby Unsers Rislone Eagle Offy Turbo.

2 years ago I built the Olsonite Eagle, driven by Dan Gurney to P2 in the 68 race - but it was not the first time I built that kit - 15 years ago I had glued another one together. I also found a 3/4 complete Eagle gluebomb in another Indycar kit I bought 2nd hand.
A while ago I found, that there is also a Rislone version of that kit, but it's rare and hard to get, and there is also a transkit available. But since the correct engine cowling is included in the Olsonite kit (I kept the unused parts of the old kit) and I noticed, that I could glue the engine cowling shut and scratchbuild the visible parts, and Indycals has the correct decals, I decided to give it a go.
I disassembled the old models, stripped the old paint, and gave the parts a new airbrushed paintjob, and glued it back together. I then scratched exhausts and the parts around the turbo, which I took from the leftovers of an old Porsche 936. It's not a 100% replica but close enough for me; the kit itself is not that exact either, as it was probably developed 50 years ago: the windscreen is probably the worst fitting part I ever had in a kit, I sanded of quite a lot material away on top and bottom of the part. But I already knew that from the Olsonite kit.
Painted with TS26, TS8, several Alclad colours and Molotow Chrome.

Hope you like it.

Last edited by MarcoSaupe; 03-13-2020 at 01:36 PM.
MarcoSaupe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery