Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
K9Jake
AF Newbie

SHO vs. Caliber

I was at the last stop light before the street becomes an open highway, on the way to work. As I'm waiting for the light, I notice an orange Dodge Caliber come flying up behind me, and jump into my neighboring lane. One of my new troops has the exact same car, but there are several on base, exact same color and model, so I didn't think much of it. I actually wasn't even expecting a race.

But when the light went green I eased off and was at about 5mph when I heard the front end tires chirping on the Caliber. So I figured why not, it would be a fun way to start off the day. Rolling from 5mph is a horrible start for my car, but it was still more than enough for the Caliber. He hung on my back door until about 30, then it was over. We shut it down at about 75 and I had about 4 cars on him.

He never did catch back up even though I slowed down. But when I got to work, he followed me right into the parking lot, and low and behold it was my troop. He said he had the best launch he had ever gotten on the car, and expected to beat the Taurus. He had never even heard of SHO. He's only been with our unit for a couple weeks, and he just thought I threw a funny badge on the back of my car. Anyway, fun race between two slow cars.
The only work to his car is a CAI.

I take my car to the shop in March when I get my yearly bonus (it can't get here fast enough). Then I'll finally squeeze a little more power out of her.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
lightbalt
AF Newbie

Re: SHO vs. Caliber

I love slow car races. Especially in my slow car

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing