Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Kit Cars Replicas, rebodies, customs or engineering. Talk about it all here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #61
BLU CIVIC
調整器

Send a message via MSN to BLU CIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to BLU CIVIC
Re: Riced Out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ22O
I Just don't like these guys that buy a carbon fiber vented hood and some ground effects and call them selves racers or whatever.
why would u even care i can buy a cf hood and grounds effects and race my car...so i should be called a ricer even though i still race my car? people have a warped since of what a ricer and what a racer is..."ricer, rice" is played...but people have their own opnions...
1991 Civic Sedan DX - 185.8whp/139tq. Tuned on NepTune by J.Mills
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT - Stock
2011 CR-Z - Stock
BLU CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:53 PM   #62
XJ22O
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to XJ22O Send a message via Yahoo to XJ22O
Question

In my opinion. Ricer, Rice burner : A fule injected 4-6 cylinder car that is made by a Japanese company (granted the fact many are made in America now days) that has a chrome tip, spoiler, ground effects, carbon fiber vented hood ( some times colored differently than the rest of the car) and some times a crappy nitrous injection system.

Tunner car : Any fule injected 4-6 cylinder car that has a chrome tip, spoiler, ground effects, carbon fiber vented hood ( some times colored differently than the rest of the car) plus high proformance parts and the eninge has honing and balancing etc. And somtimes nitrous.

Thats my definition of the two.

I realy don't care that much. I mean its not like your going out on the street and racing, right? So it dosn't mater realy, and all that proformance stuff dose eat more fule. So if the ground effects and stuff makes you happy, go fo it. I personaly don't think they are all that great but thats just my 2¢.
XJ22O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #63
mayers85
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mayers85
Sorry about bringing up an old topic but I joined these particular forums the other day. My opinion on the ricer situation is don't make your car look good with a body kit, rims, exhaust, etc and brag how fast it is with your 4cy 2.0 liter car that can't break 100mph without overheating lol. If you make it look good and do the work yourself then thats being an artist in a way and that in itself is talent. I myself am a designer and although im only 19 and broke right now im planning on obtaining a nice car and doing bodywork, exhuast, intake, interior first and then modifying the shit out of the engine bay. (wanna buy a turbocharger kit eventually)For now ill just drive my 1997 chevy cheyenne 2500 truck with the 350block!! ohhhh yeaa lol see I love american muscle too. Oh yea one more thing on the side. NO MATTER WHAT, ALL PEOPLE WHO MODIFY AN AUTOMATIC IN ANYWAY UNLESS ITS A SHOW CAR ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP!!!
mayers85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:10 AM   #64
fierojapan
AF Newbie

ok here's the deal, i am curently living in japan (U.S. Air Force)! i have seen a lot of cars over here that most of you consider RICE. so to help straighten things out as to what is RICE i found this page http://www.riceboypage.com/ is should clear up a lot of questions as to what is RICE. please check the section "what is rice-boy"
fierojapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #65
-FROG-
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayers85
....... NO MATTER WHAT, ALL PEOPLE WHO MODIFY AN AUTOMATIC IN ANYWAY UNLESS ITS A SHOW CAR ARE TOTALLY MESSED UP!!!
Dude, what in the world does an automatic have to do with rice? Did you know that serious drag cars you see at the track are all automatics? I'm talking about the 9 sec cars and faster are 99.9% autos. My drag stang is an auto too. You may want to look into that....
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #66
9ball
AF Regular

It's funny how this arguement goes on and on. Here's the way I see it

Musclecar crowd: Import guys are a bunch of stupid kids who don't know how to make horsepower. They put a 4 inch tip on a stock exhaust on a naturally aspirated 4 cyl and think they've got something while their car sounds like a bumblebee and looks rediculous.

Import crowd: Yo yo yo my ride is sick yo, I've got cold air intake, Apex catback, and with the spray I'll run any big heavy musclecar.

Me: Power is power. Rice is a word of many interpretations that people will argue about as long as people are building cars. I lived in Japan (owned a skyline) and the import scene here is very different, so I don't equate the fast and furious scene with the car scene in Japan. If I had to pick a side in the domestic vs import arguement I'd have to side with the domestic arguement, simply because I like horsepower, I know what it takes to achieve it, and there is absolutely no replacement for displacement no matter how you look at it (boost is in effect displacement). However, there are ignorant folks on both sides that will not listen to wise folks on the other.

Just had to get that off my chest.
9ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #67
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Riced Out!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FROG-
Dude, what in the world does an automatic have to do with rice? Did you know that serious drag cars you see at the track are all automatics? I'm talking about the 9 sec cars and faster are 99.9% autos. My drag stang is an auto too. You may want to look into that....
Have you ever driven an older four cylinder car with an auto tranny? You need the clutch to rev the sucker high enough to extract all of the incredibly limited torque from the car. It is also harder to keep the car in its powerband with the number of gears that most older auto cars have when you have a 4 cyl. Your drag stang probably doesn't have this problem.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #68
nismogt_rfreak
AF Regular

I hate everything ricers do to their car, but that's just a personal opinion. The main thing that bugs me is how they have this crappy self-absorbed poor losing attitude and try to kick everyone's ass at racing even though they're just mimicking the crap from the fast and the furious.

But on the other hand, if there weren't, who would there be for us to pick on? The Honda All-Motor people? They're too damn hardcore.

By the way, sorry for bringing up such an old thread.
nismogt_rfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:57 AM   #69
Kwaka_Chris
AF Newbie

"Ricer" obviously started with jap cars, though in the whole scope of things, what they were calling "rice" is done by both domestic, import and euro drivers. Just watch that Youtube of the guy with the "mustang GTR" rofl! if you still don't believe me, look at the following pictures, rice is self explanitory, you know it when you see it.

I hate ricers as much as the rest of you, I drive a 4G Honda Prelude, I love my car for what it is, but everyone expects you to race them, always revs up their fart cannons next to me or speed off like a green light is a drag strip.

One sad piece of info though, when I bought my 'lude, it came with a fart cannon fitted *gets on highway* WHUAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- going 110km/h just commuting. so annoying, the car is slowly being converted for track use, so that will be one of the first things to go!

anyways, pics!

Kwaka_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Kit Cars