Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 10:08 PM   #1
wmd2_108
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to wmd2_108 Send a message via MSN to wmd2_108 Send a message via Yahoo to wmd2_108
Is it worth it?

I'm looking to get a car to rebuild and a 1972 Ford Mustang has been offered to me for a little over 5k... Now the inside is torn to crap and the outside needs quite a bit of work, but the engine is fine. Would it be worth the 5k or what should I be able to get him down to...?

Thanks for your views all...
Matt
wmd2_108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:44 AM   #2
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is it worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmd2_108
I'm looking to get a car to rebuild and a 1972 Ford Mustang has been offered to me for a little over 5k... Now the inside is torn to crap and the outside needs quite a bit of work, but the engine is fine. Would it be worth the 5k or what should I be able to get him down to...?

Thanks for your views all...
Matt

From what you described about the condition of the car, it is not worth 5k. I dont know if you want to restore the car to its original condition or if you want to customize it with a bigger engine etc. if you want to restore it to its original condition then the parts might be worth more to you, depending on how hard they are to find, but if you are replacing most of the car then its not worth 5k. I wouldnt pay more than a grand for it.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:33 AM   #3
titanium_z7
AF Newbie

ya i dont think thats its worth 5k either. tyr and talk him down a bit. 1k seems to be good.
titanium_z7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

Are you going to restore it?

If yes thin the car going to need alot of parts and your probley going to want to put a bigger engine in thin i would talk down it down alot...
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A