Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
pittguy
AF Newbie

Unhappy '00 Intrepid trunk release problem

I have an odd problem that started a couple of weeks ago. With the trunk lid shut, the interior trunk release or the keychain remote release does not work. Opening the trunk with the key works with no problem and the remote locks and unlocks the interior doors with no problem.

While trying to diagnose the problem, I noticed that if the trunk lid is open all or most of the way, the interior trunk release will actuate the solenoid and the remote will actuate the solenoid. Is the trunk release some sort of a mercury switch that has gone bad? It seems to be working backwards for no reason.
pittguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

Re: '00 Intrepid trunk release problem

Could be a weak solenoid, it might be strong enough to open the latch when the lid is open but not when the lid is closed and there is more pressure on the latch.
AWP9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
pittguy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '00 Intrepid trunk release problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWP9521
Could be a weak solenoid, it might be strong enough to open the latch when the lid is open but not when the lid is closed and there is more pressure on the latch.
Ahhh okay. Thanks for that. You have a good point there. I didn't think of that. Maybe I should just invest in a new solenoid. How do they sell that? Is the frequency matched up somehow to my remote?
pittguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #4
1thunder
AF Enthusiast

these cars are bad for wires braking at the left hinge area at the wire through you have to open the harness there and check it out i'm sure you will find a break in the wiring done this many times
1thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 11:28 PM   #5
gedi21592
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittguy
I have an odd problem that started a couple of weeks ago. With the trunk lid shut, the interior trunk release or the keychain remote release does not work. Opening the trunk with the key works with no problem and the remote locks and unlocks the interior doors with no problem.

While trying to diagnose the problem, I noticed that if the trunk lid is open all or most of the way, the interior trunk release will actuate the solenoid and the remote will actuate the solenoid. Is the trunk release some sort of a mercury switch that has gone bad? It seems to be working backwards for no reason.
did you manage to fix this problem?? If so, how?? I also have the same problem.
gedi21592 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Intrepid