Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XJ6| XJ8| XJ12 | XJR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
XJ6| XJ8| XJ12 | XJR Classic and Current XJ Models, including the R series.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 06:14 PM   #1
drhayes
AF Newbie

1997 XJ6 Radio Problem

For the second time, the radio has failed. The problem is that is intermittently locks up and becomes unresponsive. Cannot adjust volume, station, power, cd/radio. Have been waiting for 2 months for dealer to get new radio in stock. They say these radios are not manufactured any more, and must be repaired. Evidently there is a shortage of radios and on top of that, they must be shipped back to England for the repairs. Has anyone else experienced this problem and / or know of any fixes?
drhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
jeffreyr
AF Newbie

Re: 1997 XJ6 Radio Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhayes
For the second time, the radio has failed. The problem is that is intermittently locks up and becomes unresponsive. Cannot adjust volume, station, power, cd/radio. Have been waiting for 2 months for dealer to get new radio in stock. They say these radios are not manufactured any more, and must be repaired. Evidently there is a shortage of radios and on top of that, they must be shipped back to England for the repairs. Has anyone else experienced this problem and / or know of any fixes?

hi - i have the same problem with my 96 - any solutions???
thanks
jeffreyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
drhayes
AF Newbie

Re: 1997 XJ6 Radio Problem

The Jaguar Dealer sent it to the Alpine factory repair center (in Denver, Colorado). I don't know if they actually repaired it or replaced it with a refurbished unit. I have been told that these units are no longer made. That was our solution.
drhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 03:20 AM   #4
s2kfan01
AF Newbie

i have the same problem with my 97, i find if you press the tape eject button then quickly change volume/change track etc. it will work. unfortunatly this is not a permanate fix and might have to be done several times a drive.

-Nick
s2kfan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:41 PM   #5
berky45
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to berky45
XJ6 Radio Problem

Astounding - I have a '96 with the EXACT SAME PROBLEM - the controls will become non-responsive precluding me from adjusting volume, station, mode (source), etc - can't even turn it off !!! I saw previous suggested solutions - ANYTHING MORE RECENT ???
berky45 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > XJ6| XJ8| XJ12 | XJR