Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #1
RomainDeaMarchi
AF Enthusiast

SRT-4 or WRX? What should i look at..

Ok, within a little bit of time im going to be getting a hefty 11 grand from a 02' Civic EX (Cause its the slowest thing iv ever driven) that im selling. I was thinking about finding a GSX (Eclipse fan here) used but was not so sure anymore. I could easily buy one but dont feel like a used so much car as that; plus there really hard to find around where i live. Anyways, i had a ride in my friends 02' WRX and was very impressed seeing as how iv never been in a AWD Turbo before. BUT, iv also heard that SRT-4's are very fast for the price..faster than WRX's? There were alot of little things i was considering such as the interior of an SRT-4 isnt as great as a WRX neither does it look any nicer. But then i was thinking i would have more fun in a AWD car. I could easily put a down payment on a new SRT-4 or WRX and then pay it off but was wondering what your guys takes were. It would be a daily driver even though i dont drive long distences at all. It would be modded and everything to my best contentions. Feel free to ask me questions :P or give construction criticism if you want. Thanks
RomainDeaMarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 12:07 PM   #2
jncodave
AF Enthusiast

Both cars are pretty close in acceleration. I found the 0-60 for the WRX to be about 5.7 and the srt-4 to be about 5.8. The WRX has the advantage of AWD which will help you get better traction off the line and i dont know if it snows much where you live but the WRX would be better in snow and ice, but the srt-4 wouldnt be terrible either. You said you would be modding it, I dont know which engine would be able to handle more mods on the stock components because im not very familiar with either of these cars. The only real decision you have to make is whether you like AWD or FWD better because these cars are so close, and which ones styling you like best, so go and test drive both of them to see which you like best.
jncodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:47 PM   #3
RomainDeaMarchi
AF Enthusiast

Re: SRT-4 or WRX? What should i look at..

Im def. gonna test drive them of course but i heard the SRT-4's were stirckly drag cars thats why they beat lots of stuff in a straight line but dont they ahve the same turbo as the GS-Ts? Also, what are the dis-advantages of a AWD car too?
RomainDeaMarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
Implode
AF Regular

My post was just deleted ? whatever. Anyways, I would go with the wrx. I like awd cars more than fwd. Some disadvantages would be more power loss, heavier and more parts.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

The SRT-4 can handle pretty well, but their main advantage is an extremely strong motor than can handle tons of power and has a ton of cheap aftermarket parts for it. I'd get a WRX because I love the looks, AWD is a ton of fun, and the interior is nicer, but it's up to you.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 10:17 PM   #6
CaTasHtRoPhE 67
AF Enthusiast

For looks i would take a WRX becouse i its stylle is great and dont really liek a neon look-a-like.

Performence-Wrx all the way awd is great.

The srt-4 i think is the fastest fwd car in teh us im not sure on that thoe...
CaTasHtRoPhE 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:37 AM   #7
titanium_z7
AF Newbie

dude srt-4 hands down i have on and i love the hell out of it. if you spend another $4200 into it and buy the mopar stage 3 turbo upgrade, that thing will be faster then any thing you could buy for the same price...
titanium_z7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #8
solaris=amazing
AF Enthusiast

LISTEN to this guy. If you put a stage3 one the srt-it brings it past 320hp and 300ft lbs torque.

That would be able to beat a c5 vette, svt stang, sti, evo etc. Unless of coarse THOSE cars have something cooking also.

BTW, anyone whos says it can't, remember that a srt4 weighs roughly 2650lbs.. Very fast. 1/4 would be in the low 12's and 0-60 would be high 4's.
solaris=amazing is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A