Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 10:02 AM   #16
Y2KevSE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Y2KevSE
JWT doesn't do any ECU reprogramming for 97+ Maximas, only 95-96. He even used a reprogrammed 95 ECU for the turbo Maxima.
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 02:46 PM   #17
Nizmolee
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Nizmolee
on your next trip to the junk yard, ask tim if has another ECU from a 96 get the price, also a timing belt cover for my 98 max. thanks so much, if its too much trouble, can i get his #? thanks
Old 01-18-2002, 10:44 PM   #18
tmesic
AF Newbie

nizmolee,riteway has a website it is www.ritewaytauto.com there 800# is 1-800-585-7507, their local # IS 602-268-1481, TIM IS THE ONE I DEAL WITH HE HAS TREATED ME RIGHT . RITEWAY DOES NOT WARRANTY MOTORS THAT ARE USED FOR A SAND RAIL OR TURBO BUT AFTER I BOUGHT THE 2ND ONE ( I LET HIM KNOW I BLEW IT UP WITH TO MUCH BOOST ) HE GAVE ME HIS PERSONAL WORD THAT IF THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT HE WOULD EXCHANGE IT . THANKFULLY THERE WASNT . BUT I WAS UP FRONT WITH HIM ABOUT MY USING IT FOR A TURBO AND IN A SANDRAIL SO HE KNEW I WOULD BE FAIR AND HE SEEMS VERY HONEST TO ME. WHEN I WENT BACK FOR THE ECU HE SOLD IT FOR 40.00 WHICH IS I THINK 20 OR 30 LESS THAN THEIR NORMAL PRICE ALSO I NEEDED THE INLET AIR TEMP SENSOR SINCE THE MOTOR DID NOT COME WITH THE FILTER BOX HE JUST GAVE IT TO ME SO I COULD USE IT IN MY PIPING . .NIZMOLEE I AM NOT SURE WHAT THIS TIMING BELT COVER IS ALL ABOUT SINCE THESE MOTORS HAVE CHAINS WAS THAT A JOKE OR AN ACCIDENT , MEANT TO SAY CHAIN COVER , OR SARCASTIC . JUST WONDERING TIM MESIC PHX AZ
tmesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 10:48 PM   #19
tmesic
AF Newbie

SORRY HAD AN EXTRA "T" IN THERE THE RIGHT LINK IS WWW.RITEWAYAUTO.COM TIM MESIC PHX AZ
Old 01-19-2002, 05:31 AM   #20
Y2KevSE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Y2KevSE
So how did JWT reprogram your ECU?

\Turbocharged...
Turbonetics ball-bearing T4/T04E 60 trim with polished compressor housing

NorCal Maximas CarDomain Site
CarDomain Site

Featured on NissanPerformanceMag.com
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 11:00 AM   #21
tmesic
AF Newbie

if you mean by what physical means i could not tell you . the engineer takes it upstairs and a couple of hours later brings it back down finished . if you mean what does it do different afterwards . i only know a few small details like the fuel pressure reg. now is boost sensative instead of vacuum,the rev limiter is raised to 7000rpm,and the fuel management is programed to match the injector size (they told me if i go with the 555cc injector it will need reprogramed to match) ,im sure more things are changed, i just bought the service i didnt invent it . hope that helps keep in mind the guys there have always been very helpful with me so im sure they would answer your ? also . just a note when i call i usually deal with ben . if he doesnt know something he will tell you, and gets with jim or the engineer and always calls me back. hope this helps. tim mesic phx az