Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 08:31 AM   #1
1badasscx
AF Newbie

HID's Stolen!!

My Girlfriend woke me up this morning and she was crying cause her headlights were missing off her Maxima. Havent even got the car plated and they were already stolen. fucking thieves i cant stand them. I want to know how they did this without the alarm going off and they popped the hood how could they have done that without getting inside the car?
1badasscx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:03 AM   #2
MaxedOutOfCash
AF Newbie

Re: HID's Stolen!!

man, sorry to hear that...these guys are professionals by now....is the grill taken off too? they usually take off the grill, that's how they get in there somehow...also did they do much body damage??? the real professionals leave your car without headlights and grill taken out and no body damage whatsoever........
the newbies just rip them out and mess your hood, feders, bumper up......the professionals do it in a few seconds and are out of there.........
BTW: Where was this??? you on the east coast??? Here in Jersey, I see maximas without headlights all the time.....

Sam
MaxedOutOfCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #3
98SEMaxima
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 98SEMaxima

That really sucks. How much were those HIDs? I just bought some 30 dollar Xenon bulbs. there ok and i wouldnt mind if they got stolen.
98SEMaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:13 AM   #4
mycivic
AF Enthusiast

its a shame why people have to steal from others just to get what they want. thats the worse thing that can happen...you work so hard for it and it just gets stolen. sorry to hear that.

2003 Honda Civic LX
Mods: Bone Stock
mycivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:44 AM   #5
MaxedOutOfCash
AF Newbie

Re: Re: HID's Stolen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98SEMaxima
That really sucks. How much were those HIDs? I just bought some 30 dollar Xenon bulbs. there ok and i wouldnt mind if they got stolen.
I believe that she has a 5th gen 2002/2003 maxima...they come stock on them and they go for around $1000 if not more.......
no one is really gonna go for the (fake)xenon bulbs......
5th gen maximas get their lights stolen all the time...especially on the east coast.....

watch them pop up on ebay in a day or two......
on the side note: acura 3.2tl hid's get stolen a lot too and there's a guy on e-bay selling like 7 kits.....wonder where he got those
Old 12-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #6
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Re: Re: HID's Stolen!!

when i hit that deer and destroyed my headlight, i got a write out of each part being replaced and what it cost. one hid was $850. you got insurance dude?

i went to nissan and had that free anti theft headlight kit installed.

to get the headlights they usually cut one side of the grill with bolt cutters or saw through it and cut the horn wire. then if the alarm des go off it's just blinking headlights. then they pop your hood and just twist the plastic brackets that hold the lights in place until it snaps. then they cut all the wiring and bounce. it's a 10-15 minute process, if that long. the nissan anti-theft kit has metal brackets that can't be twisted off and a metal rod that runs along the lengthof the radiator mount so the lights can't be taken. then they give your lights a code based on your vin number so if they do get stolen and they catch the people, you can prosecute.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 01:23 AM   #7
risingbum
AF Newbie

I can relate

I have had the same thing happen to me twice in the last 6 months on my 2002 Maxima. Both times it happened right outside my condo complex. Does anyone have any additional information on the anti-theft system that Nissan installs? I have seen a couple different sources say it's a free service. Also, does anyone have any other suggestions on either catching these assholes or keeping them from doing it again?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
risingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 12:34 PM   #8
JSClark98SE
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JSClark98SE

Wow, that sucks!! sorry to hear...
Old 12-26-2003, 12:37 PM   #9
MaxedOutOfCash
AF Newbie

Nissan should have sent you a letter if you're in the northeast saying that the anti-theft kit is free of charge...you go there, leave your car and they take care of it.....the kit seems to be working because they will be able to rip your headlights out but can't rip the ballasts out since they are screwed to the frame of the car or something like that.....(this is per my friend, i have not seen the kit installed) . . .
Old 12-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #10
jrofenloch
AF Newbie

Angry

Let me just let everybody know, there is no solution to this problem other than getting rid of the damn car. My lights were stolen for the first time earlier this year. The 2nd time happened in late September. I got the car back from being fixed the 2nd time on 10/17. On Halloween night, exactly 2 weeks later, they got stolen again for the third time. All 3 times have been outside my house. Dealers and mechanics have told me they cant put regular headlights in because they dont fit properly and the car is wired specifically for the HID and any other type could cause electrical problems. I fought like mad with Nissan to get out of the lease, to no avail. They agreed to split the cost of my 3 insurance deductibles with me, but what does that do for me the next time it happens. So I bought the car having absolutely no idea any of this could happen, and now I either have to just deal with it and keep shelling out $500 every time they get stolen, or lower my deductible to $250 so my insurance goes up (if they don't drop me all together), or give up the car and have a repo on my credit. This whole situation is an absolute joke. These kits they put out dont stop the expert thieves. They just end up causing more damage to the car. My suggestion is that everybody dealing with this get together and start a class action lawsuit against nissan. Anybody with me?
jrofenloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:05 PM   #11
Diablo_VT
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Diablo_VT Send a message via Yahoo to Diablo_VT

u cant sue nissan their not making the assholes steal your HIDs.. so even if u did try to sue Nissan the judge would probably throw the case out of court..and to catch the assholes just put up a security camera and have the camera watching your car(and video recording it) at all times during the day and night while your cars at home.. and catch the bastards in the act of stealing your HIDs, then just show the tape to the cops..and hopefully their be able to get your HIDS back and make the bastards go to jail or pay you a bunch of money to buy new ones.

that's how i've caught an asshole trying to steal my car b4 now his gay queer lil ass is in prison cuz others have caught him trying to steal their cars too..
Old 12-31-2003, 04:18 PM   #12
kbohip
AF Newbie

Not sure if this would help or not but what if you parked the car directly in front of a wall? This way the damn theives wouldn't have any space to work with or at least a lot less. It's strange, I've never seen an 02-03 Maxima here with the headlights ripped out. The east must be a war zone.
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 02:18 AM   #13
XeonSSJ
AF Newbie

Unhappy

Is it mainly the east coast where the HID's are stolen?... because i live in TX and im thinking about buying a 03 max sometime for college, but this would put a damper on things since i dont have the money to be replacing them
XeonSSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 01:38 AM   #14
tdaily
AF Regular

Couldn't you always go have an aftermarket alarm installed and have high sensitivity sensors placed around the grill/headlight area? Seems logical. Of course you'd have to think of a more creative place to hide the bullhorn than right under the hood; like inside the wheel-well behind the splash guards or something. It may be expensive but it's better than shelling out $500 each time your headlights get stolen. You could also wire in an extra horn and hide it somewhere. That'd be a cheaper fix, assuming the alarm goes off when the hood is raised, which it probably doesn't in every case. I'm glad I found this post because I plan on buying a newer model in the near future and I live in the Atlanta area.
Sorry to hear about the hassle you all have been through.
tdaily is offline   Reply With Quote