Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
sweettaffy16
AF Newbie

86 Honda CRX

Hello all, I am new to this. Just trying to see if someone might can explain to me what our problem with this car might be.
My nephew races dirt track and his car is a 1986 Honda CRX SI 1.5 liter. THe car is stock!
A few weeks ago the car run hot and water ending up coming out the tailpipe and all in the oil. We had someone take the head off, head went to head shop and we replaced the headgasket and the intake gasket.
First time back on the track car ran hot again. Same thing happened again. Water in oil and out the tail pipe. We installed another fan, put in new radiator. Tried everything to keep car from getting hot. He drove again yesterday for about 20 minutes and car has done the same thing...
Does anyone have any idea of something that we are missing. I am a lady, not a mechanic and am totally lost when it comes to all of this. The mechanic that has been working on car doesnt have a clue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..
sweettaffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
big tex84
AF Regular

Re: 86 Honda CRX

check all of your hoses for leaks including the ones on the back of the intake manifold, make sure all your coolant hoses are going to the correct places, check your thermostat, make sure that both the deck and head mating surfaces are smooth, clean and flush with each other.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!