Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #1
ssutton2
AF Newbie

Angry Theft system light is flashing and car won't start.

I have a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. It has been frustrating the hell out of me. On several occasions, I have wanted to take a baseball bat to it. Sometimes when I try to start my car, it won't start. I have noticed that when this occurs, the "theft system" light is flashing. Upon further investigation, I know that the "theft system" is disabling the fuel system, which makes it impossible to start the car. This has caused me to be late for work several times. I also sat outside work from 1 am to 5 am one morning waiting for the light to stop flashing. Can I bypass the theft system? If not, what can be done to fix the problem? I would put it in a small car demolition derby, but I probably couldn't get it started. Does anyone want to buy a lemon?
On a lesser note, the right headlight is very dim. I have changed the bulb a couple of times, which does absolutely nothing. I even put in a new relay. What could be the problem with this?

Thanks, Steve
ssutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis