Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Torrent
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
'02 GP/'06 Torrent
AF Newbie

'06 Torrent w/Power Steering Issues

I have a 06 Torrent and I have run into an issue that occurred twice already. When I am pulling out in reverse (straight out, no turning involved) my power steering seems to stop working. I was told by the dealer that it is a common issue with this vehicle. They said that it occurs only to prevent thermal damage to the cables for the power steering (this is according to a GM bulletin they pulled up). According to the bulletin, this occurs when the wheel is being turned to the extremes and being held there. The problem, as I mentioned earlier, is that I am pulling straight out. The wheel isn’t even turning. Has anybody else experienced something like this before?
'02 GP/'06 Torrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
BAMedic
AF Newbie

Re: '06 Torrent w/Power Steering Issues

Our Pontiac has the same thing. 2006 Torrent. We took it to the dealer and of course, nothing wrong. It only happens for the first 5 seconds of starting the vehicle and throwing it into gear. Good luck, and let us know if anything fixes it!
BAMedic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Torrent