Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
prototype80
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to prototype80 Send a message via MSN to prototype80 Send a message via Yahoo to prototype80
looking for an custom billet grill for 89 s-10 blaazer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i need some help finding a part for my 89 s-10 blAZER, I have searched roughly 50 websites looking for this grill that is on that blazer in the ad there, i cannot find it anywhere, i was wondering if maybe anybody knew where i could find it or where i could order it. icant surf any of the local shops in my town because i am deployed to iraq right now. any help is appreciated

i tried writing the guy who had this blazer's ad but i got no response

just another u.s. army paratrooper
prototype80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112
Re: looking for an custom billet grill for 89 s-10 blaazer

Thats because no one sells one like that. Looks like they took a random billet grille, cut out all the plastic on the stock 93-94 blazer grille and put the billet grille behind the stock plastic one and painted it to match. Im trying to do something like that.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
prototype80
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to prototype80 Send a message via MSN to prototype80 Send a message via Yahoo to prototype80

funny you say that, my wife had that in her 89 blazer, bought it just like that clean from somehwere, because she had someone else get the part for it, she has no idea where it came from and the guy she got it from has moved somewhere and i have no way of contacting him. i believe it was made by godfathers customs but their sight has little to no pictures of products for an 89 blazer

Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
OverBoardProject
Banned

pimprolla112, can you show us the pic's when it's done.
OverBoardProject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #5
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

At a closer look it looks like a factory grill with the ribs cut out and molded. Im trying to find a used one and well its not working to well but im going to go scavenger and old junkyard in a couple days. Old guy owns it he says he never sold parts just used them to keep his cars on the road, he says he has a few 1st gen blazers and some astros, im gonna see what he has. If i can get this grill thing straightened out i might be able to make a few more. And oh yes there will be pics.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 07-03-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Heres what i was talking about,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...02929494QQrdZ1

im thinking they took one of these and painted it to match the truck, then painted the tops and bottoms of the horizontal ribs and painted the vertical ribs, Leaving the front ribs chrome gives the illusion of the billet grill. to me this is how they do it. What i want to do is take the ribs out completely and put a billet grille behind that. Im pretty sure that these will fit on the older trucks like my 89. This is how it think you could make one. Im going to try when i get some free time and and get closer to finishing the body. truck had some surface rust and sun fading but the body was perfect no dents. But its currently in the process. I might even do a wright up and some pics for a do it yourself setup one. Anyone else think this looks like the way to make it.

Cardomain
Old 07-08-2006, 04:42 PM   #7
prototype80
AF Regular

alright, from swapping from an 89 grill to a 91-93 grill is that going to require the headlight moving kit or is it a bolt on part with no further mods needed, i have seen a headlight relocation kit on some other sights but I am not quite sure i understand when they say converting an 87-89 blazer. doesnt make any sense to me

also are there any good sights and magazines that are dedicated to helping people with the small suv's such as the s-10 blazer..finding parts for this thing is a real bitch right now. thanks guys

Old 07-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
OverBoardProject
Banned

What parts do you need that you can't find? I haven't had too many problems although I fabricate some of my own so that changes things a little.

I'm suddenly thinking of switching to the newer grill as well. I understand that you need the rad suport and I was thinking of just grabbing the lights and everything from the same wreck. Along with the grill if possible.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:22 AM   #9
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

From what ive seen these swaps are straight forward, im pretty sure dont qoute me on this. But im almost 100% positive you just need the lower cover behind the bumper since ours has that lower section in it for the middle piece. I thought the headlights, and mounting bolts are in the same spot. Getting a hold of the grill itself ive seen plenty on ebay, and i didnt want a new one since i was going to chop it up anyways. But i think i found the actual billet grill on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-92...spagenameZWDVW

Its and insert like i was talking about, take out the shit plastic and bam put this in instant sexy grill. And they painted the plastic to match the truck.

Cardomain
Old 07-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #10
OverBoardProject
Banned

If I didn't have the full nose off my ride already I wouldn't even think about it, but since the works 1/2 done and the rad suport has the only rust on the Blazer I was thinking of just doing it. Although I might just sandblast the rust out and weld the little hole up.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:29 AM   #11
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

I like the one piece grilles, there so much better looking than our 3 piece sectional junk. That and i cant stand the look of a phantom grille. Like i said when i get more time im gonna get some progress done on this, i have yet to finish my new fiberglass center console, who the hell makes a vehicle with no cup holders, REAL CUPHOLDERS. Those little plastic indents in the glove box door arent deep enough to keep a coffee cup from tilting. Like i said im not 100 percent sure on whats needed but im pretty sure the mounting holes line up.

Cardomain
Old 07-09-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
prototype80
AF Regular

thanks for that guys, that helpewd alot, i saved that search to my ebay. the parts i am having trouble trying to get are the smoothie front bumper, a new tailgate( bought it rear ended), a hidden hitch to hide behind the roll pan where the license plate is althouigh i am sure it can be done. by the way...the site www.justbumpers.com is a bullshit siute so beware of it. it has been in several lowrider mags i have looked in and all it is a link to a bazillion sights.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Thats what a lot of part sites are. Wish i would have known that before i scraped the old tailgate i had. Thing was in perfect condition and it became a nice piece for target practice cause no one wanted it.

Cardomain
Old 07-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
prototype80
AF Regular

i did an extensive search last night....stayed up till 2 am looking at parts and located damn near all the parts i need. the tailgate is something i may be able to find in a junkyard back home in texas. I have alot to do to this blazer when i get home, its just getting the time to get it done.
www.truckperformance.com the best sight i have found so far

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer