Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
Debernacky
AF Newbie

2007 Tahoe door lock "freak out"

So, I'm having issues with my 07 Tahoe LS. My wife drives the car and has stated to me on a few occasions that the car will go through a "freak out," as she would put it. This is the scenario: When the car has been at idle for a period of time ie: sitting in a drive through that takes a long time or sitting in the car reading a book at lunch.
But what happens is weird (and I've heard it over the phone): the door locks start going up and down super fast and on the dash the indicator, both while driving and parked, will go back and forth from Drive to Park over-and-over, which in turn causes the car to start stuttering. I did call the dealer and the said that there were no recalls out for my model via the VIN#. But on other forums there are recalls for the same car. I was told that some recalls don't go for all Tahoes, just certain ones depending on build date.
I'm really confused, to me regardless of build, it's the same car. Why wouldn't they want to cover any of their cars.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Daber
Debernacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 2007 Tahoe door lock "freak out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debernacky View Post
So, I'm having issues with my 07 Tahoe LS. My wife drives the car and has stated to me on a few occasions that the car will go through a "freak out," as she would put it. This is the scenario: When the car has been at idle for a period of time ie: sitting in a drive through that takes a long time or sitting in the car reading a book at lunch.
But what happens is weird (and I've heard it over the phone): the door locks start going up and down super fast and on the dash the indicator, both while driving and parked, will go back and forth from Drive to Park over-and-over, which in turn causes the car to start stuttering. I did call the dealer and the said that there were no recalls out for my model via the VIN#. But on other forums there are recalls for the same car. I was told that some recalls don't go for all Tahoes, just certain ones depending on build date.
I'm really confused, to me regardless of build, it's the same car. Why wouldn't they want to cover any of their cars.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks, Daber
Daber,

If we can look into this through Customer Service, please send me a private message here on the forum with the last 8 digits of your VIN.
Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

While there may not be any recalls, there is is a TSB that relates to your concern, its
#08-07-30-021G, this may be useful should you decide to have your dealer look at it. It concerns chaffed wires and backed out terminals causing door lock issues, IP issues, trans shift issues and loss of communication codes being set it various modules.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
Debernacky
AF Newbie

The last 8 are: 7R208231
I noticed on another forum that so issues can be bad enough as to cause shorts resulting in a fire. To me that seems pretty important and a part that should be covered if it's faulty. Just trying to figure out what I need to do about it or how to tell whoever is going to work on it so they know what to look for.
Debernacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

I didn't see any special coverages on your vehicle at this time, either. If you wanted to pursue working with a dealership on this, I'd be happy to get a service request set up with you through our department so that I could stay with you through the repair process. Please send me a private message with: your name, phone, address, current mileage, and the name of your dealer.

Regards,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debernacky View Post
The last 8 are: 7R208231
I noticed on another forum that so issues can be bad enough as to cause shorts resulting in a fire. To me that seems pretty important and a part that should be covered if it's faulty. Just trying to figure out what I need to do about it or how to tell whoever is going to work on it so they know what to look for.
with issues like these they should be reported to NHTSA.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/

according to NHTSA this should apply to your vehicle.

NHTSA Item Number : 10025668

Make : CHEVROLET Year : 2007
Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS LLC
Service Bulletin Number : SB-08-07-30-021 Date of Bulletin
: JUN 01, 2010
NHTSA Item Number : 10025668
Component : POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Summary :
LOSS OF HIGH SPEED GMLAN COMMUNICATIONS, INTERMITTENT NO
CRANK, IPC GAUGE FLUCTUATION, INTERMITTENT DOOR LOCK
CYCLING, TRANSMISSION MAY NOT SHIFT, DTCS U0073, U0100,
U0101, U0102, U0121, U0140 SET (REPAIR BACKED OUT TERMINAL
IN TRANSMISSION HARNESS CONNECTOR). VEHICLES WITH 6 SPEED
6L80 (RPO MYC), 6L90 (RPO MYD) OR HYBRID TWO MODE 2M70
AUTOMATIC. INCLUDING 2008 TAHOE AND YUKON HYBRID MODELS.
*PE UPDATED 3/28/11. INCLUDING SIERRA, SILVERADO AND
ESCALADE HYBRIDS. *PE

Last edited by j cAT; 04-22-2012 at 08:29 PM.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote