Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
jeeptime99
AF Newbie

BFG MT's or Goodyear MT/R's

I'm about ready to change the tires on my Cherokee. The size i'm gonna get is 33x12.50R15... My only problem is which tire to get. I've heard the BFG's are better in mud and the MT/R's are better for rocks, but most of my driving is on the street and i was wondering which tire will get the best wear and still conquer the toughest terrain when i need them too??? ( p.s. i live in the midwest so i need tires that won't slide around the road if it rains or snows) Thanks for any help.
jeeptime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
xj31
AF Enthusiast

Re: BFG MT's or Goodyear MT/R's

I have had both on my xj and I personally preferred th MT-Rs.I used to do some wheeling and they were fine.They also did very well on-road and they were a lot better on wet roads.The BFGs didn't seem as good especially if you had to stop quick,they seemed to slide more.I would buy the Goodyears again in a heartbeat
xj31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
bumper4791
AF Newbie

I work in a tire shop and also have both an XJ and a ZJ, in my personal and professional opinion here is my preference. First of all with the GDY's and BFG's you have the same problem, you pay alot of money for the name. That being said I run 2 different tires on each of my Jeep's, for off road I only use Pro Comp xterrains, for everyday driving I run Toyo open country a/t's they are the #1 rated Tire in several catagories my tire distibutors. For many reason's most of which you stated like wear, and just getting around. Toyo has come out with a m/t which I have not personally ran but we have alot of satisfied farmers that run them. You pay the same or a tad more, but it is alot better tire IMHO.
bumper4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:31 AM   #4
jeeptime99
AF Newbie

I'm sort of leaning towards the MT/R's even though there's more mud around here (I've heard BFG's are better in mud than the MT/R's) But since theres only a couple of dollars different from the BFG's I figure it's such a good deal on the MT/R's to pass up (the MT/R's are $158 a tire which around here they're normally much more than that) I was gonna buy Xterrains but in the end I found better deals on the BF's and Goodyear's. I've also been thinking about the Swamper TrXus MT's and the new Remington muds (both around the mid $130's) Any comments on these tires would be helpful as well.
jeeptime99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #5
bumper4791
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeptime99
I'm sort of leaning towards the MT/R's even though there's more mud around here (I've heard BFG's are better in mud than the MT/R's) But since theres only a couple of dollars different from the BFG's I figure it's such a good deal on the MT/R's to pass up (the MT/R's are $158 a tire which around here they're normally much more than that) I was gonna buy Xterrains but in the end I found better deals on the BF's and Goodyear's. I've also been thinking about the Swamper TrXus MT's and the new Remington muds (both around the mid $130's) Any comments on these tires would be helpful as well.

The swampers are good but the will wear faster on the road, the Remington is probably our biggest seller for budget and quality, we have alot of satisfied customers that are running them as well.
bumper4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
dmxjg35
AF Newbie

check out kumho m/t tires, i have them on my jeep i have yet to get it stuck, they are a little noisy on the road but wear good, and they are super cheap, i think they were 84 a tire for 31's

http://www.kumhousa.com/Products/Ptn...22&mainCatID=2

Check it out!
dmxjg35 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee