Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 11:28 PM   #1
publicenemy137
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to publicenemy137
maximum deals

Since there really is no other threads on good dealer experience (only one where they don't bother you) I'll post mine where I actually did have a good experience. Basically I've been workin for two summers and saved up $5k, and I wanted to get rid of my pos Civic so I started researching what cars I liked. (This was before I got into cars)

I then found the Nissan 300zx, wanted the twin turbo version. Reality kicked in and I didn't have enough money for one, could have borrowed it from parents but did not want to. I wanted something sporty, 2-door, and kind of fast, reliable, nice looking, handles well (love cornering), and most important unique. I hate having what everyone else has, then I found out about the Nissan 240sx. It is unique, handles well, and while not fast it does have passing power. So for that whole summer while working, everyday I'd check the newspapers, cars.com, and autotrader. There were barely any of them being sold, and I wanted the newer s14 240s which are really rare. It took me 4 months to find one in good condition, and at a good price. Came across it on autotrader at night, and in the pictures it looked clean, so I called them in the following morning and jumped on it immediately. Asked them if there were any problems and I will be taking a look at it. I jumped on it before they even got the car (someone was trading it in).

Found it at this dealership: http://www.thecarpost.com/. They were selling it for only $3,900, 400 less than blue book value and not to mention it was in great immaculate condition. It pulled great, interior was in great condition. I got it inspected and the mechanic said it needs new brakes and rotors, but repaiirs are expected of a 10 year old car. So I told the dealer this, and told them I was a student and if there was any room for bargaining, even though it's already lower than blue book value. They aren't stupid either b/c they told me before that it was lower than blue book value, and they know it's in demand. But they were nice enough to give me a $150 discount anyways (shaved of $50 and didn't charge me for processing fee), and told me that's enough to repair my rotors and such.

So the transaction was done, wrote them a check for one big lump sum. The next day they had to attach the rear window mirror and front license plate, then I was headin home drivin it . They never once bsed me, were nice and courteous, and never once got on my nerves. They were even nice enough to reserve it for me for a day b/c I had to miss one day from checking it out, but they said they wouldn't sell it to anyone and I can check it out in the following morning.

And that is my first, and thankfully good dealership experience, and i guess my gift to them is this post right here. So far I've had my 240sx for a year and no problems yet, still runs great.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences