Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM   #1
Luke.robinson2
AF Newbie

2005 dodge stratus AC/Heat problem PLEASE HELP

Ok so here's the problem. Recently my heat stopped working when I turned the knobs nothing would happen all I could control was the fan speed. No temp and no zone control. The shop had told me it was my heater controller so I went out got a new one and that didn't fix a thing. I did some research and figured it was probably the acuators. So I ordered a new mode door acuators and blend door acuator. When I took the old ones off I opened them up and realized they were really corroded and about a year ago my heater core was leaking and it must have dropped all over them because there was still moisture inside them as well. So I got the new ones plugged them in but as I turn the knobs they don't react, nothing happens. I disconnected the battery and connected it again then when I start the car I can watch the acuators turn all the way in both directions I let it run for about 5 min until it's done. Then when I turn the knobs still nothing the acuators don't move. It sounds like the controller would be bad but it's brand new. I'm guessing it could be a wiring problem somewhere? That's why I'm here please tell me what you think
Luke.robinson2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Stratus