Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > Millenia/Xedos 9
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
xpel
AF Newbie

Just not fair to Millenia

My roomate has a 95 Millenia and we have searched the whole earth and there is just nothing for that car........i'm wondering if the 01 rear lights will fit and then clear/smoked corners from the later Millenia S....if anyone knows where these are sold cheap, please holla
xpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:35 AM   #2
CarBuff
AF Newbie

Changes

You may have already found your answer but I was told that the Millenia 01 styling in the rear was minor style change. They should fit although I cannot guarantee. As far as fair is concerned I totally agree with you. The Millennia from it beginning was not accepted well and it has lived with that ever since. The company's Amati (Infiniti/Lexus) name never took hold and the company was half bought out by Ford (40%) Yet the car is nearly every bit as good as its competition through the years it has been available. It has, from many reviews proved to be outstanding in reliability and workmanship. It is an unsung hero that is a bargain for careful shoppers. New car buyers are scared away by the S's $32K and are unaware of the $4K or so rebate the car usually has. Poor marketing sucks. In spite of what anyone says the car is a great car and a heck of a lot more car than just about anyone else builds in the price range. The only price/value competitior really is the TL and it has no looks.
CarBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 12:40 AM   #3
holyroller
AF Newbie

www.corksport.com has some Millenia parts. Not sure if they have anything for the 95 though.

holyroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 01:45 PM   #4
petec
AF Newbie

Almost bought 2002(?) to replace my 1998

Knowing that the 2002 was going to be the last year Millenia and because I have to date not had any problems with my 1998 went car shopping last year. Went to some internet site (don't recall name) and priced one choose options and waited. Waited a couple of weeks and the company was able to find one for me at a dealer about 20 miles from my home. Went to pick up the car at the dealership. I wanted to see the car as soon as I got to the dealership and they told me it was stored off site. I waited 3 hours to see the car and when I saw it noticed right away that the car had been driven as a demo (food inside, dings outside and 300 miles on Odometer). Funny thing was that they wanted me to sign the paperwork on the car before I saw it. This turned me off to the Mazda. Called corporate offices and they basically told me the dealers were independant and they had nothing to do with what the dealer had done. This whole scenario turned me off to Mazda and although the Millenia is a great car (going to give my 1998 to my son) I will never purchase another Mazda again. (by the way the one I have was the second Millenia that I have owned). So it's very interesting that such a good car could not be sold by the same caliber of people.
petec is offline   Reply With Quote