Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #31
2001jettavr6
AF Regular

Re: Turbo Turbo...Im craving Turbo!

instead of getting turbo at all, especially on a cavalier that old, you should naturally aspirate it and probably could get just as much out of it. 2000 dollars you can get a header back exhaust kit with high flow cat and muffler. performance k&n intake and probably get it chipped up assuming you put all that on yourself which is easy. and besides a turbo on a cavalier isnt that great i had a 1990 wolfsburgen 8 valve 4 cylinder keep up with a newer turbo cavalier i lost by like half a nose, but i think he was just a newb. but naturally aspirating is better for your engine and easier on it. if you want real power look into performance injectors and chips.
2001jettavr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #32
Lefix
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Lefix

You can never get as much power from N/A as from boost..

If you use the same budget...

My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Lefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #33
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefix
When you are 17 and your mother bought you a 15000 brand new that is FULLY CASH PAID FOR, then im pretty sure you wont sell it and get another yet you wanna make it look aggressive and go fast, that is me, i have a sunfire and i wanna make it look anything but a sunfire and i want it fast so i can smoke imports, no offense to imports, and i do like them, but everyone here where i live on the island has imports, they dont like domestic...
we've heard it like 15 times...we know. If you like your car, then do whatever you want with it. You're going to catch shit for it because its not the "typical" car to start with...

As for the NA comments....if you're going to spend your money on NA parts for a Cavalier, save your money. It isn't going to do a damn thing...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #34
Lances133
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Lances133

Quote:
i wanna make it look anything but a sunfire.
Then why didn't you do a Cavy front end conversion lol
Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #35
Derk_eliso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Derk_eliso Send a message via MSN to Derk_eliso Send a message via Yahoo to Derk_eliso

That woulda rocked.. I'd swap you front ends if your car was red, lol
Derk_eliso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #36
Lances133
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Lances133

Ya know what would be even hotter? Swapping an 03-05 Cav or Sunfire frontend onto a 95-99 convertible....since there were no verts in 03-05
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #37
DeCiX
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schister66
In a sense i agree, but i'm sure people say the same thing about me. I have put a lot of money into my GSR...it is a far better platform w/ a lot larger aftermarket following, but money is money. Its all about having a passion for something and putting your heart and soul into it.

Also the RX8 analogy was terrible. Not only are they not a 4cyl like previously stated, they also suck balls. RX8s are the biggest dissapointment out there...closely followed by most of Chevy's new SS badged cars
Eh yeah completely forgot about rotary's just the first, low numbered, high powered HP car i thought of. Sorry for that.

See the thing is, I'm not that objective to you're turbo/set up on you're Acura. In my mindset, you don't mess with Domestic's. Now that's a sterio type yeah? The whole "ricer" theory all comes to mind. Just, when you look at the car offerings over the years, it just never made sense to "rice" a domestic car.

I used to drive a real beater car for about 9 months. a 1989 Honda Civic, hit in a DUI hit and run, so there was a different driver door, and rust spots all over the driver side. The muffler fell off a few years back, and my dad simply just kicked it off, because none of us liked it. I couldn't think to myself when i drove this, I hated taking my girlfriend out in it, so i avoided it as much as i could. I couldn't hear my music which is a must for me. However, we all know hondas they last forever.
The point with this is, when i drove this my friends never called it "Greg's Car". "Civic" is what it was to us, we joked around with it, lmao it sounds so stupid now that i write it out and think; however, we put cardboard "intakes, spoilers" on it, and drove around. Masking tape decals. Now that i have the cavalier, we do none of this to it.

Now you're saying all that i like to do is drive cars, not mod them. Which i guess is true. Just my mindset on cars is, mod the engine, leave the design alone. Lower the car, if you mod the engine enough. However looking at a stock car, having in you're mind "oh just a cavalier <sunfire> those are weak, then getting possibly blown away by one. Thats what modding a car should be about.

"Get a fast car and be done with it." No, I'm looking at cars that just jump out at me, the cars that when i drive by them, i just can't stop looking. The M3 just jumps out at me, it's a sleeper, sure if you know cars. People know about it, just the BMW platform, you have to look for the little details to tell them apart. M3? side vents behind the front wheels. Z06? Front intake. When i think about it, During college, i won't have any money to mod my car, and if i did. All of that would go into a car after college. Then after college, thats all about getting a house, family etc. When i go to a job interview, i want a car that if they see, jumps out and says that guy could be successful. Longer story short: i love sedans/coupes that look good.

Now if you work part time at McDonalds (which i read awhile back) not sure if you still do that, Congratulations to you. Wish McDonalds in the States paid that well.

And yes you have changed the plan many times, first Ebay, then buying from Derk, then piecing together, then going small, then tuning higher.

I just think, the cavalier is not the platform to Turbo.

Okay, just end my ranting and please enlighten me why exactly you want to do this. Exactly what you want to do, try to make me, who is 100% against you're plan to maybe lean alittle to your side.
DeCiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #38
DeCiX
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schister66
In a sense i agree, but i'm sure people say the same thing about me. I have put a lot of money into my GSR...it is a far better platform w/ a lot larger aftermarket following, but money is money. Its all about having a passion for something and putting your heart and soul into it.

Also the RX8 analogy was terrible. Not only are they not a 4cyl like previously stated, they also suck balls. RX8s are the biggest dissapointment out there...closely followed by most of Chevy's new SS badged cars
Eh yeah completely forgot about rotary's just the first, low numbered, high powered HP car i thought of. Sorry for that.

See the thing is, I'm not that objective to you're turbo/set up on you're Acura. In my mindset, you don't mess with Domestic's. Now that's a sterio type yeah? The whole "ricer" theory all comes to mind. Just, when you look at the car offerings over the years, it just never made sense to "rice" a domestic car.

I used to drive a real beater car for about 9 months. a 1989 Honda Civic, hit in a DUI hit and run, so there was a different driver door, and rust spots all over the driver side. The muffler fell off a few years back, and my dad simply just kicked it off, because none of us liked it. I couldn't think to myself when i drove this, I hated taking my girlfriend out in it, so i avoided it as much as i could. I couldn't hear my music which is a must for me. However, we all know hondas they last forever.
The point with this is, when i drove this my friends never called it "Greg's Car". "Civic" is what it was to us, we joked around with it, lmao it sounds so stupid now that i write it out and think; however, we put cardboard "intakes, spoilers" on it, and drove around. Masking tape decals. Now that i have the cavalier, we do none of this to it.

Now you're saying all that i like to do is drive cars, not mod them. Which i guess is true. Just my mindset on cars is, mod the engine, leave the design alone. Lower the car, if you mod the engine enough. However looking at a stock car, having in you're mind "oh just a cavalier <sunfire> those are weak, then getting possibly blown away by one. Thats what modding a car should be about.

"Get a fast car and be done with it." No, I'm looking at cars that just jump out at me, the cars that when i drive by them, i just can't stop looking. The M3 just jumps out at me, it's a sleeper, sure if you know cars. People know about it, just the BMW platform, you have to look for the little details to tell them apart. M3? side vents behind the front wheels. Z06? Front intake. When i think about it, During college, i won't have any money to mod my car, and if i did. All of that would go into a car after college. Then after college, thats all about getting a house, family etc. When i go to a job interview, i want a car that if they see, jumps out and says that guy could be successful. Longer story short: i love sedans/coupes that look good.

Now if you work part time at McDonalds (which i read awhile back) not sure if you still do that, Congratulations to you. Wish McDonalds in the States paid that well.

And yes you have changed the plan many times, first Ebay, then buying from Derk, then piecing together, then going small, then tuning higher.

I just think, the cavalier is not the platform to Turbo.

Okay, just end my ranting and please enlighten me why exactly you want to do this. Exactly what you want to do, try to make me, who is 100% against you're plan to maybe lean alittle to your side.

I'm sorry that all of this was kinda scrambled, I just typed out what i was thinking.
DeCiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #39
Lefix
AF Regular

Okay, this is fun lol...

Hmmm, how to start... I was going to buy a ebay turbo kit until Derk came outta no where and offered me his turbo, intercooler, and his BOV for $700.. he wasnt going to sell me anything else. So i had to buy other parts like injectors, spark plugs, oil lines, intercooler pipings, gauges, wideband, and HPTuner...etc...

Now besides that it was a good offer, i helped him out, he needed money so i bought his turbo, IC and BOV, everything are used already, which is something i dont like buying, i always like to buy new stuff, but since i know it hasnt been used for over 3 months, i was okay with it and bought his...

Now about going small and now going higher, im not going higher right now, im trying to get my turbo setup completed, THEN build up the engine and then turn up the boost... which i might not have chance doing... Im not changing plans you see, my plan is TURBO.

Lets say your parents bought you a brand new sunfire because you liked it alot.. ALL of your friends like imports like honda, nissan, mitsu, subaru, etc.. and they dont like your sunfire.. Now you are 17 and you are the same age as me, what would you do if you have a brand new car that is fully paid for and none of your friends like the way it is stock? Wouldn't you try to impress them by doing things like putting a bodykit on, 18" rims, get a wing, whatever.. right?
So in my situation, i did impress them, the first day i brought my car to school after the bodykit, all i heard was compliments, and WOW's...

Now the subject of turbocharging comes up, and you have the money, but you have a nice looking sunfire that most of your friends are impressed with... and you want to go faster and run 12's but you have a 15000 brand new sunfire with 3000 invested already, and 2000 saved up in the bank... you are not going to go buy another car and turbocharge that one are you? so what would you do? Ofcourse you will use that money and install a turbo kit on your sunfire, right? And that is where im standing right now...

I dont know, if you still think that you are not convinced then i will admit one thing that i did that i wasnt happy about..

I wasnt happy really about buying this car in the beginning, i wanted a celica, or s2000 or a 350z, but those imports are expensive. A used 2002 s2000 with 50,000+ miles on it was 18000, my mother didnt like it, she wants to buy me a new car. a 2003 350z was 22000 with 40000 miles on it, and my mother didnt buy me that either... now there wasnt any celica's for sale, or i would of gotten a celica... I didnt like cavaliers, i didnt like neons, i didnt like civics, so i got a sunfire that i wasnt really going to do ANYTHING to it... but time goes on and i found the Bomex sunfire body kit and i LOVED it, so i got it... I love music, just like you, so i got sounds... and now my turbo kit...

My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #40
Lefix
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lances133
Ya know what would be even hotter? Swapping an 03-05 Cav or Sunfire frontend onto a 95-99 convertible....since there were no verts in 03-05
I wanted to make my car a convertible lol, but that plan was gone LONG time ago... and so does the sunroof plan...

My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #41
carfan1312
AF Newbie

heres a better idea dont mod the car and if u want HP then save and get a V8 HEMI
carfan1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:06 PM   #42
Derk_eliso
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Derk_eliso Send a message via MSN to Derk_eliso Send a message via Yahoo to Derk_eliso

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfan1312
heres a better idea dont mod the car and if u want HP then save and get a V8 HEMI
here's an idea, delete your account...
Derk_eliso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #43
NovaRally77
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NovaRally77 Send a message via MSN to NovaRally77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lances133
Im in!

1977 Chevrolet Nova Rally
Mild Built 355 with cam
4-Speed M-21 Muncie
Car Domain Page

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Convertible
Bone Stock w/ 5-Speed
Car Domain Page
NovaRally77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:03 PM   #44
Lefix
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfan1312
Heres a even better idea, shut your fucking mouth and fuck off newbie!

Why the fuck did u join this forum if you arent gonna mod your car?

My CarDomain

Boost coming soon...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #45
jakegday
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jakegday Send a message via Yahoo to jakegday

Quote:
Why the fuck did u join this forum if you arent gonna mod your car?
lol, lots of people come to the cavalier forum for problems they're having with their car
jakegday is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier