Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
tmwill3
AF Newbie

JDM B16A1 Exhaust Manifold (Need to Buy)

Looking for a used exhaust manifold for a JDM B16A1 (89-91), that has 2 Oxygen sensor bungs. Need the manifold and piping back to the CAT. Does anyone know where to get one or a website that might carry these?

I had an engine swap on a 91 USDM B18C Integra with a JDM B16A1. I made the mistake of upgrading to a DC Sports 4-2-1 Header (Non-VTEC) for a 91 integra, that only has 1 O2 bung near the CAT and the shop no longer has my old JDM exhaust manifold. I had to drill another O2 bung next to the other one for the 2nd O2 sensor so the ECU would quit with the CEL. I'm having driveability problems at low RPM that I think is being caused by the O2 sensors not being in the exhaust pipe near the motor to monitor cyclinders (1 & 4, 2 & 3) respectively. I do not really want to drill and put 2 new O2 bungs on the DC Sports header, where they were on the JDM exhaust manifold and plug up the other 2 near the CAT.

I've heard the JDM headers that came with the motor are not to be replaced with an aftermarket header, because there is loss in performance, so I'm thinking about going back to STOCK. I'm already losing performance by having a DC Sports Header that is for a B18C Non-VTEC since the power and RPM range is way different. I could always buy the DC Header for a 94-97 Del Sol VTEC and have the O2 bungs re-drilled in the correct spot per Honda specs if I can't find one.
tmwill3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
defman
AF Enthusiast

You might try Hmotorsonline they sometimes carry JDM manifolds.
Just a little hint, Theres no such thing as a JDM B16A1, All the JDM B16A motors have no #'s after the A in the engine code.
defman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat