Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
vdub1.8t
AF Newbie

New car choices - Honda, Nissan, Subaru, ..

Hi Everyone,

Please help me chose a new car.

I am looking for something reliable, relatively moderate cost to operate, fun to drive, sporty, manual transmission, best bang for the buck, under 33k MSRP Cdn before taxes.

My choices so far are

2008 car's

Nissan Altima V6 coupe
Honda Accord V6 coupe
Subaru Legacy Touring 4cyl non turbo

Any other recomendations in the Japanese and European line ups?

Thanks

Donald
vdub1.8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: New car choices - Honda, Nissan, Subaru, ..

opcorn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub1.8t
Hi Everyone,

Please help me chose a new car.

I am looking for something reliable, relatively moderate cost to operate, fun to drive, sporty, manual transmission, best bang for the buck, under 33k MSRP Cdn before taxes.

My choices so far are

2008 car's

Nissan Altima V6 coupe
Honda Accord V6 coupe
Subaru Legacy Touring 4cyl non turbo

Any other recomendations in the Japanese and European line ups?

Thanks

Donald

Personally, I would go with a 2007 Legacy. The 08's are nice but I think the 07's look much better. And I pick Subaru because the one you have chosen is known for reliability, good gas mileage and has AWD, and to me, looks by far the best. Good luck.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
knightjp
AF Regular

I would have to agree...

Subaru would be the better choice of the lot. It may not look as flashy as the other 2 (that Accord coupe looks nice), but it is the best handler.
Reliability.... Anything Japanese is reliable. Honda has a rep for being a reliable car here in Middle East. Over here with extreme temperatures, it proves to be cope alot better. And this is the rep almost anywhere in the world.
Subarus are great.... just as reliable and better on handling, plus they get my vote because, over here in the middle east, they tend to be a rare sight on the roads. Honda and Nissan cover the streets here.
knightjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightjp
I would have to agree...

Subaru would be the better choice of the lot. It may not look as flashy as the other 2 (that Accord coupe looks nice), but it is the best handler.
Reliability.... Anything Japanese is reliable. Honda has a rep for being a reliable car here in Middle East. Over here with extreme temperatures, it proves to be cope alot better. And this is the rep almost anywhere in the world.
Subarus are great.... just as reliable and better on handling, plus they get my vote because, over here in the middle east, they tend to be a rare sight on the roads. Honda and Nissan cover the streets here.

While some of the Japanese manufacturers are known for reliability does not mean that anything Japanese is reliable. Take a look at DSM's, 3000GT's have had their share of problems, RX-7's and RX-8's, even some of the Nissans from the last 18 years have had cars that come with a reputation that is not exactly reliable. Doesn't mean all Mitsubishis or Nissans or any other brand don't have reliable cars, but definately not all are reliable.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
drdisque
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to drdisque

The Altima is quick in a straight line, but the handling is a little sloppy and the build quality isn't as good as that of the Honda. The Honda is fast and handles a little better, but it has very little in the way of feel or emotion. The Subaru is much slower as it only has the 4 cylinder and it is AWD, but it will probably handle the best and will provide a lot of fun driving "feel". It's really a judgement call regarding what you value.
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
drdisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Personally I have a thing for the new Accord Coupe. Its got what it takes to measure up with the other two performance wise, but it looks better to me. I am sure the feel on the car is above par for its class too. Just my opinion. I would vote for the accord.
-1991 Cavalier
-1997 Taurus GL
-1987 Ranger V6
-1985 Aries
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #7
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

those new accords are sweet.the new altima coupe's are pimpin too. i like the legacy's but i would have to get the 2.5 turbo. i'd take that over either of the other two, the accord would be my next choice.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
silentscreams85
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silentscreams85

I would take the Legacy. Very classy looking and reliable.

K&N Intake
TRD axleback exhaust
silentscreams85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:44 PM   #9
sickcallawayc12
AF Enthusiast

From what you asked, I would take the Accord here, V6 (6 speed manual?) coupe is strongly preferred. I think it will be the best value based on what you want.

You are looking at 2008 models so I don't think reliability should be too huge an issue here, but I would put the Nissan last if I had to pick. Subaru and Honda are about equal IMO. Personally, I like the Legacy the most here, but I think it will be the most expensive of the three to maintain because of the AWD. Plus I hear the flat Subie engines are tough to work on (dunno if that qualifies for the new Subies also though). Also, AWD adds to the vehicle's weight so if you aren't getting a turbo Subie, I wouldn't call it "sporty" unless you add aftermarket suspension upgrades cuz Legacies can be much better cars with this. Yes the Legacy will handle the best, but probably not by that much. I think all three have great looks.
PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs
K & N drop-in filter

"Melo" and "AI". Enough said.
sickcallawayc12 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons