Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Daytona
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
Vetteman84
AF Newbie

skyline engine in daytona, will it work?

I am looking around at different ideas for a new engine and tranny in my 87 daytona. I have found a good deal on a skyline engine and tranny, but i'm not sure if it will fit in my daytona. i know some modifications would have to be done, but does anyone know if it is possible?
Vetteman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 02:26 AM   #2
DodgeDaytonaV6
AF Newbie

werent skylines rwd? daytona's are fwd... dunno if it will work.. but then again, with enough money... anything will work...

Doing/Done:
4 Wheel Disc Conversion (In progress)| 5 speed manual swap (In progress) | 52 mm Throttle Body | K&N Air Filter

Soon to come:
Underdrive Pulley System | Port & Polish Heads, Intake & Exhaust manifolds, and plenum | 0.040" Venolia Forged Pistons |
3" Catback exhaust (custom mandrel bent) | Custom exhaust manifold and crossover pipe | Garrett TO4E 57 trim | Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
DodgeDaytonaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Yeah, you can make it fit if you have the time and money. However, you're going to have to completely work over the front end and the suspension since the RB26DETT is a much heavier engine. Your car won't handle right if you don't.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
4dr92cavi4cyl
AF Enthusiast

Re: skyline engine in daytona, will it work?

I thought Skyline engines were SR20?

Odometer: 223259 & still running like a horse!

Rockin' to: Dream Theater, Queensryche, Symphony X, and Pagan's Mind. Check them out!
The "radio groups" these days have lost creativity and skill. It's the same thing for five minutes.
4dr92cavi4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
dita0401
Banned

just put daytona badges on the car and swap the vins out and call it done. you'll have a rwd tona w/ a skyline engine. simple
dita0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:40 PM   #6
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Re: skyline engine in daytona, will it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr92cavi4cyl
Nope, the Skyline got a 2.6L I6 not a 2.0L I4. I think the SR20 went in the 240.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45 AM   #7
99grandgt
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 99grandgt Send a message via Yahoo to 99grandgt

hey, with caravan suspension parts, modified k member, and a B.F.H., you can put a smallblock and 904 or 727 tranny in that beast, and call it a day. the whole thing would cost like 5000 grand to do w/o motor/tranny. if you shop around it could be. there were at one time kits you could purchase for this swap, but not anymore. browse around for ideas on this, cuz even a mild 318 in a daytona would haul ass. thanks for listening, and never again mention a nissan motor molesting the mopar ever again!!!! just kidding
possibly a g8 gt when i get to cali
99grandgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:10 PM   #8
AWP9521
AF Enthusiast

How about swapping on some DOHC 4 valve Neon heads on it, I have read some articles saying the heads will bolt right on the 2.2/2.5 blocks but need to be modified for oiling the valvetrain and drainback, different timing bels, etc. Some stuff I have read that in turbocharged apps they can make a ton of power somewhere up into the 400-500 HP range.
AWP9521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:38 PM   #9
2.2shelbydodge
AF Newbie

Well heres the funny thing i know a guy who has the rwd adaptor plates to make the daytonas into rwd. the other thing is that an "A" body rearend will slide right into the rearend area its not a cheap conversion.

the guy did it to one of his cars and got the little bugger into the 13's stock (89 t2 daytona)

another helpful site is www.turbododge.com lots of great info there.

cyas later
2.2shelbydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
Boogieman142
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Boogieman142 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman142 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman142
Where theres a will theresa way, anything can be done to a car with the right imagination/handywork behind it.
Boogieman142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 02:22 AM   #11
Boogieman142
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Boogieman142 Send a message via MSN to Boogieman142 Send a message via Yahoo to Boogieman142

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr92cavi4cyl

no, the skyline engine is not the sr20, they put that in some sentra's
Old 11-29-2005, 11:51 PM   #12
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

why might i ask would u want a skyline engine in a daytona ? thats just asinine, it is not like the car is gonna be any better- maybe rev higher but u can send the computer out an have it rev out to 8,300rpm which would be pointless unless u got the engine worked which if u work it u might as well supercharge/turbo it, that would be more economical an a hell of alot cheaper... i dont even think u will get much more power outa the 2.6 - just do a 3.0 conversion, or if its the rwd u want then go for something that makes all that modifying worth it- an throw a hemi in it which has been done before an i witnessed it on the drag - u couldnt even tell the car had a huge 8 in it - cept the roar of the exhaust- it ran 12.1 with out nitrous or any force induction.

93' Stealth R/T Twin Turbo Intercooled - 24v DOHC 3.0 v6 engine - AWD AWS - 320 hp 317 lb ft. torque when I bought her unmolested hoping to be in the 600-700 hp when finished with ...

~FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET~
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:53 PM   #13
Boogieman142
AF Regular

Yes, true but a skyline engine will be much quicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_R/T_TT_Stealth
why might i ask would u want a skyline engine in a daytona ? thats just asinine, it is not like the car is gonna be any better- maybe rev higher but u can send the computer out an have it rev out to 8,300rpm which would be pointless unless u got the engine worked which if u work it u might as well supercharge/turbo it, that would be more economical an a hell of alot cheaper... i dont even think u will get much more power outa the 2.6 - just do a 3.0 conversion, or if its the rwd u want then go for something that makes all that modifying worth it- an throw a hemi in it which has been done before an i witnessed it on the drag - u couldnt even tell the car had a huge 8 in it - cept the roar of the exhaust- it ran 12.1 with out nitrous or any force induction.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #14
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

thats only cus of the trans thats in it - if u have your gear ratio's changed - you can make others things just as fast if not faster - without having to spend like 20k on a swap job

93' Stealth R/T Twin Turbo Intercooled - 24v DOHC 3.0 v6 engine - AWD AWS - 320 hp 317 lb ft. torque when I bought her unmolested hoping to be in the 600-700 hp when finished with ...

~FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET~
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM   #15
davida6302
AF Newbie

Actually a sr20DET is a skyline but the main thing you will need is besides money will be the complete wiring harness without that you will need alot of books and time, I did a swap in a 240sx was fun to do and is lots of fun to drive...high 12's 1/4 mile time. Good luck
davida6302 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Daytona