Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
blk_srt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Introduction thread

I know we used to have one but we don't anymore. I think we should all get to know each other a little bit, so if you want to post your name where you live and maybe a little about yourself that would be cool.

My name is Scott Schafer(you know me as pr_ricer), I live in Austin Minnesota. I drive a 95 TSi, I'm 18 and a senior in highschool but I go to collage full time. I go to school for auto tech. I like to skateboard, dabble with electric guitar, go out with friends and hang with women. I also build computers in my spare time
www.myspace.com/antiquewagons

EDIT:Think we could get this to be a sticky?

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:

Last edited by blk_srt; 02-20-2006 at 06:29 PM.
blk_srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
david-b
Dave is THAT guy

Send a message via AIM to david-b Send a message via MSN to david-b Send a message via Yahoo to david-b
Re: Introduction thread

UPDATE:

I'm David. I live in Chicago, IL. I drive a 95 Talon ESi 5spd. Work for Budweiser as the head graphics designer and web master for the Chicago distributor. Basically make signs for bars and stores and maintain the website. I have a bachelors degree in Digital Media Tech with a minor in Music. I own my own web/graphic design business.

In my spare time I play guitar, bass, drums, piano, pretty much anything. I do some recording also. Trying to get more involved in that.

I think that's all.

75 Monte Carlo
SBC 400 6.6L, Aluminum heads, Hurricane Intake...

12 Chevy Sonic 1LZ 1.8L - Traded
01 Pontiac Grand Am SE - RIP
95 Eagle Talon ESi-T 5spd - RIP
88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera- RIP

Last edited by david-b; 11-02-2009 at 10:14 AM.
david-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
MexRocket
AF Enthusiast

Aaron is my name.... I'm going to college in Michigan to get a major in psychology. I work at PetSmart, and I have a girlfriend for going on a year and 6 months today.

My car is the fastest car in the world, runs 5.62 @176 mph .... bahahaha (Don't take that seriously) Oh yah I live in LITH, IL. If you want to donate money to my EvoIIIGT turbo please fell free to pm me!
Being bought in two weeks: Dsmlink,880's,3"exhaust,piping,suspension,axel,dri lled and slotted brakes.
MexRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
Thor06
Jizzed In My Pants

I'm Dustin and I live in northern Minnesota. I drive a 01 Cavalier, but hopefully I will soon find a DSM (just called about one, hes going to call me back if its AWD *crossed fingers*). Until then, I work on my friends 1991 Eage Talon TSI AWD dubbed "Project: POS". I love working on cars, but for now just as a hobby/side job for friends and family in the summer for some extra cash. I'll be going to NDSU or the U of M's IT next year to major in mechanical engineering, hopefully to design and build cars. I too enjoy music. I'm in our schools show choir called Vocalmotive that got Grand Champion and Best Band this past Saturday (Feb 18th). I am also working on a rap album and I play bass in an "Alternative Punk" band or whatever you'd like to call us.

Oh yeah, I too build computers. Well at least I used to. I still tinker when a tinkering is needed though .

Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Thor06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
DragonofBC
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to DragonofBC

My name is TJ. I live in Allston, MA. I graduated from Boston College in May '05 with an Accounting degree and am currently working in Boston as an auditor. I'm still adjusting to this whole "real life" thing but I too dabble in music and tinker with computers. I picked up the drums for the college band I was in and I played guitar for 4 years before that.

I drive the car in my sig. I love it but I hate it. You all know what I'm talking about.

2003 Mustang GT Convertible - 5sp. - K&N drop in, MAC catback, Eibach Pro Kit springs, Strange s/s, GMS UCAs/LCAs, MGW shifter, Nitto 275s out back. Does it ever end...
DragonofBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
vanilla gorilla
AF Enthusiast

Yeah whats up? My name is Archie. You know me as vanilla gorilla. I am from North Carolina. I am 16 years old, I attend highschool, and I drive a 1999 Eclipse Spyder GS. In my spare time I like to work on my car, research information on my car, gain lots of information on AF, build model cars, play video games, hang out with friends, watch movies, music, and what have you.

'99 Spyder 2.4 5-speed - Red/black,14b,slow
'96 Eclipse GST 5-speed - Paint
www.myspace.com/ballsoutperformance
vanilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #7
MexRocket
AF Enthusiast

THor your music like Rage against the Machine?
Being bought in two weeks: Dsmlink,880's,3"exhaust,piping,suspension,axel,dri lled and slotted brakes.
MexRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
l_eclipse_l
AF Enthusiast

I'm Chris. I'm 19 and attending college at University of Wisconsin - Platteville, majoring in "Computer Science" for the time being...not sure how much longer that's gonna last. Not real thrilled with the whole programming aspect of things, but hardware is fun to mess around with. Seems to be a trend with DSM owners being into computers...lol. I also work at the Help Desk on campus, taking calls from stupid people who need to be slapped up every once in awhile.

Anyway, I drive a '99 Eclipse GS. Very lightly modded at the moment. I play a little basketball, hang with friends, listen to a lot of music, watch movies, always trying to make some extra $$$ so I can buy stuff for the car. I play a few video games, but not so much anymore. I also have a myspace, so if anybody wants to add me go ahead, just be sure to send me a message and let me know your on the forums cuz I don't usually accept weird people I don't know: www.myspace.com/chris_martens26

Zoom Stage 1 Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I disagree. Better is better. Bigger is just bigger.

I just made that up, and I like it.
l_eclipse_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
4g63gst20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to 4g63gst20

what's up, my name name is armando, i have a first name but i don't know how to say it so i go by my middle name, i'm 20 years old and live in columbia heights,MN. i went to high school but i dropped out because i wanted a full time job to get me some nice cars. I have a 95 GST and 96 RS,, the RS is on un-ricing progress and the GST i'm keeping it a sleeper.I plan on taking the GST up to 350 HP , adding a T-25 to the RS and probably add a 1g AWD to the family. I like to have fun and work on cars, i play ps2 when i have the time.
Autometer Boost,Oil Presure,And Water Temperature Gauges./Geddy Turbo Tmer/Eibach Sportline Springs Matched With Adjustable Iluminas 4 Corners/Konig 18" On Nitto Extreme 555/ACT 2100 PP with Street Disc/Extended Push Rod/Urethane Motor Mounts/XS Power FMIC. 28X10.5X3.5/Greedy Type RS BOV/ evo3 16g Turbo/MBC At 18PSI/Bian Crower 272 cams/SAFC2 With 510cc Injectors/Walbro 190 FP/
1/4 mile=14.3@103MPH
4g63gst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #10
xavier3jr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xavier3jr Send a message via MSN to xavier3jr

My name is Travis Crocker, i live in Anderson, South Carolina. I drive a Mitsubishi Eclipse GS, pretty heavily modded for a N/T . I'm currently a junior in high school(home schooled). I plan on going to collage for auto mechanics.

96 GS - 5 Speed-Sold

1998 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4
xavier3jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:38 PM   #11
defiancy
Stay classy San Diego

My name is Wil Milligan.

I'm 22 and I'm about to get out of the Marine Corps. I generally go to work and do nothing for most of the day. Well actually for a couple hours then I ago home and sleep. My man boobs have been growing larger as of late and my penor is shrinking.

That is all.

Oh and I have a 91 gsx.

Last edited by defiancy; 02-21-2006 at 03:18 PM.
defiancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #12
gthompson97
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to gthompson97 Send a message via MSN to gthompson97

I'm Garrett Thompson, 19 years of age (20 in july), I grew up in a very rural town in north-east North Dakota, Grafton to be exact. My dad owns a large farming corporation so I'm technically a "farm boy" but I lived in a nice house right outside the city, not actually on the farm. I spend the majority of my summer weeknights working out at the farm on my cars or my buddies cars and on the weekends I go to the lake and wakeboard, hang out with friends, and just have a good time. I like to snowboard in the winter and also ride snowmobile, in the summer I race go-karts on a 1/8 dirt oval and I also like to ride motorcycle and 4-wheelers. I currently attend college at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, I'm a freshman majoring in Computer Engineering but the programming is getting sort of old, I like cars much better. I have a part-time job at Hollister Co. and I'd much rather be at home just working on my cars. That's my life, welcome to it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I own 3 DSM's and drive a 01 Chevy Monte Carlo sittin on 20's. My DSM's are a 95 Eclipse RS (blown), 95 Eagle Talon TSI AWD (under construction) and a 97 Eclipse GS-T (sort-of a parts car). This summer I will get working on the RS to get it up and running again, maybe have big plans for it like a 4g63 swap just because it's never been done and I have basically an extra car sitting around to pull parts off of, or I might just build up the 420a and turbo it. Either way, when that car is done I'm planning on selling it so I can finally finish my Talon that has been sitting for 2 years, half pulled apart.

97 Eclipse GST

gthompson97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 08:30 AM   #13
AbsoluteGTR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AbsoluteGTR Send a message via MSN to AbsoluteGTR

My name is Sami Suaifan.. Live in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Grew up in NYC.

I am 18 yrs old. Go to community college (thanks to ex-g/f, I decided to not go to a university, because I wanted to be with her...fellas, dont ever do something stupid like that for a girl...not worth it.) Major in Automotive Technology.

Just got a new job at Lowes as an assembler. I will be getting involved in real estate soon, my dad wants me to learn from him. But my goal is to work for BMW. Make money off of ebay, every now and then.

Ohh, used to own a 1997 Eclispe RS (modified until no more was able for a N/A). But I now drive a 2002 Chevy Cavlier, 4 dr, auto....lucky me!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #14
Gsx_hooptie
AF Enthusiast

I used to drive a 96gsx. It wasn't great, but it was fun.

I'm 22, I go to college in the North East, majoring in natural resources (specialization in planning and management), minoring in both economics and pre-law. School takes up most of my time. When it doesn't, I run, work out, and drink too much. I'm originally from CA, and I'll be going back when I go to law school.

I don't know a lot about cars. My dad taught me a little when I was younger and took me to the track. I have experience working on several different types of shitty cars. I'm the only person in my family to have ever owned a car that was fewer than ten years old.

Have a nice day.
Capitalization is the difference between, "Helping your uncle Jack off a horse," and, "Helping your uncle jack off a horse." The comma is the difference between, "Eats shoots and leaves," and "Eats, shoots, and leaves."
Gsx_hooptie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #15
SLoe
AF Enthusiast

I did this once already, who got rid of it?

Well, my name is Sean Loe I am an old bastard at 31. I live in AR, not far from Hope (no Clinton jokes please). I am computer tech/quality control at a saw mill. I was an Aegis computer tech. in the Navy for a while. I have been racing since I started driving, and modding/repairing since before then. I own a 96 gst, 05 VUE, 92 corrola, 84 chevy truck. I am in the process of building the gst for the track (just got done blueprinting, block to be O-ringed next) and doing all the work myself, I just don't have time to get to the shop so I don't know when it will be done .

96 GST 5 spd.......(R.I.P.) smashed by a fallen tree
2001 Camaro SS 6 speed goodness!
SLoe is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic