Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
tattoodeziner09
AF Newbie

Unhappy need help with vr4 fuel issue

I own a 91 vr4. My problem with it is that it started out with a running WAY too rich problem. It fouled the plugs so I've done a tune up. I've also tried a new FPR, MAF, checked the vaccum lines, done a fuel system cleaning, checked the injectors and resistor pack, replaced a "floppy" timing belt and tensioner. The problem now is that it still runs WAY too rich and now it won't start. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. I've owned the car since Sep. 09 and I drove it for two weeks. I want my baby running.
tattoodeziner09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
toddrs93
AF Newbie

Re: need help with vr4 fuel issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoodeziner09 View Post
I own a 91 vr4. My problem with it is that it started out with a running WAY too rich problem. It fouled the plugs so I've done a tune up. I've also tried a new FPR, MAF, checked the vaccum lines, done a fuel system cleaning, checked the injectors and resistor pack, replaced a "floppy" timing belt and tensioner. The problem now is that it still runs WAY too rich and now it won't start. Please, any help is greatly appreciated. I've owned the car since Sep. 09 and I drove it for two weeks. I want my baby running.
are you positive you timed it right when changing the timing belt? Many times I see the timing is off one or two teeth which can cause similar problems. do you have any modifications? fuel system? has the ecu ever been checked? The capacitors leak on all first gen computers. If you need them replaced/checked we can do it.
toddrs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
tattoodeziner09
AF Newbie

Re: need help with vr4 fuel issue

absolutly sure the timing is right on, checked it 3 times in fear of valve clap. I did check the ecu and it has been replaced before ( shitty paint job on the casing) and the caps are not leaking. No mods have been done. I'm a mechanic and this is the first time that a car has stumped me to where I can't figure it out.
tattoodeziner09 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth