Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Redline Vs. A4 and SE-R nismo tunned.

I mentioned before that I had crashed my GTO against a curb about a month ago and Ive been out of a car ever since. The GTO is almost fixed but in the meantime Its been the bus and on occasion my mom's Tercel back and forth.

Well a few days ago my wife let me take the Ion out for a spin to get groceries and shit. on the way back I see a black Audi A4, black rims, HIDs, and a sweet evil looking body kit. The car looked amazing, I did like a triple take from how nice it was. now Im not a fan of Audis at all so I maybe someone can tell me what the hell this was. It had a different badge on the back. It wassnt the Quattro badge or the S-line badge. It was silver and red. It said "A4 turbo" in silver and then "MS" in red and the word "motorsports" under the whole badge. I figured it was a sick ass Audi and the guy saw me checking it out and gave me a rev. We where at an entrance to a highway waiting for the green with over a 1/4 mile of two lane sweet layout.

Light goes green and I ride the hell out of the clutch to keep it from hopping. the guy takes off to a car lead. first sucks in the Ion so all i do is hold him off at a car length. shift light climbs to red at 6K and I hit it into second. I look up in time to see his shift, his car squats and bounces back up from the hard shift, his tail pipe spewing out unburnt fuel. The guy was on it. Shift lights climbing again as I catch up to his tail. I shift to third and match him then pass a nose at about 5K rpms. I hit forth and its about 85 mph now, 4th is a long gear and traffics comming up. I steady ahead to about 110 before I get on the brakes. The dude was about 1 1/2 cars behind me. I was very pleased cause not only did I come back from a crappy start but I just smoked the second sexiest Audi Ive ever seen.

Later on I see a yellow sentra SE-R Spec-V. badge on the side says " Nismo S-tuned". (think about it that is a long ass name. "Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V Nismo S-tuned"
Dont know what it means dont care, to me a sentra is a fucking sentra. Guy honks at me so I open the sun roof and give him a tumbs up. honks three times and we are off from a 60 roll. I down shifted to 3rd which puts me near redline at max boost. I have no clue what he shifted to but he was moving back slowly. by the top of 4th I had pulled 2 cars so i just shut down knowing he couldnt possibly come back and at close to 115 he was about to hit speedlimiter anyway. so I let him do his ricer routine and went home.

06 GTO: SLP Longtubes, SLP Loudmouth II K&N intake,
Ported Intake Manifold,
Ported Throttle body, MAF screen delete.
Tunned by Jeremy Formato. 381whp, 376wtq.
07 Ion Redline: Bone stock w/ factory Competition package.

In response to a race my wife had while pregnant with our baby:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Musashi3000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
acorn42047
AF Newbie

Re: Redline Vs. A4 and SE-R nismo tunned.

Too bad about the GTO! Hope you get her back soon. Nice kills though.
acorn42047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:14 AM   #3
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Yeah well I was asking for it. I was pissed off and driving full of rage, i cut some slow POS off and went to turn into my neighborhood when I saw a car had just turned in and I almost slammed into the tail of the car. I swerved out, overcorrected and banged it up against the curb. tore up my suspension a bit, close to 3 grand to fix it but hey, at least now I know how to adjust everything under that car. I fixed it all by my self and had a collision shop go over it and align it.

The Redline moves really good for what it is. Amazing what they came up with when they slapped that car together. I love it! and the handling OMG the handling! I call it the "Scooty Puf Senior".

Ported Intake Manifold,

Quote:
Prediction.... I bet we will hear about a guy down in Miami thats the King of street racing in about 18 years...Way to get him started....
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

What is it about beating Audis that is so satisfying. Not sure about the badging, most likely just an aftermarket company playing off the imagery, like Momenteum BMW in Houston does with the M Logo.

Good kills, very nice. Your Tercel would whup my ass in milage though, lol.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Oh man, Rob I heard you got a Mazdaspeed 3. Congrats bro!
That was the car we wanted to get before I bought the Redline.
If it wassnt for these asshole dealership owners in Miami asking for 26K for the base and 29K for the GT I would of bought a red GT.
You must be so in love with that car! its like all the potential of a SRT-4 but with better looks and infenite better handling.
The suspension was tunned on the N-Ring, The cooling system was tested in the Dakkar dessert and the engine is nuke proof.
It destroyed the new GTI on the road course tests, Its "THE BEST HANDLING FWD out right now". accoring to Road and Track and Motorweek.

cheers on your new Sophie bro.

Ported Intake Manifold,

Quote:
Old 09-27-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Thanks, and your right, I love her. It has exactly what I was looking for, it handles damned well and plenty of power...for now, lol. You should head out this way, the deals are awesome on them. Priced just right. When all was said and done, mine was just over 25, and I got the GT with navigation. When I went to test drive it, my buddy was like...this is what the SRT-4 should have been. Its no Goat, but your right, I love it.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #7
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi3000GT
I mentioned before that I had crashed my GTO against a curb about a month ago and Ive been out of a car ever since. The GTO is almost fixed but in the meantime Its been the bus and on occasion my mom's Tercel back and forth.

Well a few days ago my wife let me take the Ion out for a spin to get groceries and shit. on the way back I see a black Audi A4, black rims, HIDs, and a sweet evil looking body kit. The car looked amazing, I did like a triple take from how nice it was. now Im not a fan of Audis at all so I maybe someone can tell me what the hell this was. It had a different badge on the back. It wassnt the Quattro badge or the S-line badge. It was silver and red. It said "A4 turbo" in silver and then "MS" in red and the word "motorsports" under the whole badge. I figured it was a sick ass Audi and the guy saw me checking it out and gave me a rev. We where at an entrance to a highway waiting for the green with over a 1/4 mile of two lane sweet layout.

Light goes green and I ride the hell out of the clutch to keep it from hopping. the guy takes off to a car lead. first sucks in the Ion so all i do is hold him off at a car length. shift light climbs to red at 6K and I hit it into second. I look up in time to see his shift, his car squats and bounces back up from the hard shift, his tail pipe spewing out unburnt fuel. The guy was on it. Shift lights climbing again as I catch up to his tail. I shift to third and match him then pass a nose at about 5K rpms. I hit forth and its about 85 mph now, 4th is a long gear and traffics comming up. I steady ahead to about 110 before I get on the brakes. The dude was about 1 1/2 cars behind me. I was very pleased cause not only did I come back from a crappy start but I just smoked the second sexiest Audi Ive ever seen.

Later on I see a yellow sentra SE-R Spec-V. badge on the side says " Nismo S-tuned". (think about it that is a long ass name. "Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V Nismo S-tuned"
Dont know what it means dont care, to me a sentra is a fucking sentra. Guy honks at me so I open the sun roof and give him a tumbs up. honks three times and we are off from a 60 roll. I down shifted to 3rd which puts me near redline at max boost. I have no clue what he shifted to but he was moving back slowly. by the top of 4th I had pulled 2 cars so i just shut down knowing he couldnt possibly come back and at close to 115 he was about to hit speedlimiter anyway. so I let him do his ricer routine and went home.
Kind of like an ion is an ion.
J/p Musashi, you know I have to bust your ass here and there.

Sounds like some fun race with redline. I drove the SS/SC and like everything about it such as the handling, smooth shifting, and not a bad interior. The only thing I think it really lacked was straight up power for being a blown 4 cylinder. Otherwise, the power did roll on smooth and felt very stable.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #8
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

I was really considering the Cobalt SS/SC as well. All in all, it and the Ion Redline are good rides, and I enjoyed them in the test drive.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #9
Gotian
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gotian

wait, you told me the GTO was in working order now, it's still not working?
Gotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
cavaliercrazy
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cavaliercrazy

Redline...? I just thought that was a bad movie...(smirk)

Anyways, nice races... As soon as I started reading I was rooting for the eco!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #11
acorn42047
AF Newbie

Don't drive angry. LOL
acorn42047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
Musashi3000GT
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotian
wait, you told me the GTO was in working order now, it's still not working?
No I told you I got it back from the shop where they alligned it.
The tie rod is still broken and I told them not to bother with it cause its on natioanl back order. Its the last bit I need and the goat is ready to roll again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
Its no Goat, but your right, I love it.
oh dont be modest. with very few mods and for small bucks you will be running faster times then me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL3000gt
I drove the SS/SC and like everything about it such as the handling, smooth shifting, and not a bad interior. The only thing I think it really lacked was straight up power for being a blown 4 cylinder. Otherwise, the power did roll on smooth and felt very stable.
oh please! The interior is horrid. the plastic dash board and center council are made from melted down toy soldiers.
The shifter feels fake, like a shifter on one of those Initial D video arcades and the seats look like they where ripped off a 89 grand caravan.

I do love the handling though, its so easy to kick around and it feels very light. The electronic steering is amazingly fast, it is the electronic counter part of what the Evo is to conventianal linkage. The power sucks in first but its largely due to the torque management which cuts boost and limits the butterfly so you cant go WOT. A little tweek from HPTunners and its all resolved and the best part is how cheep the mods are.
For 600 bucks you get a stage II ready to plug and play.

Ported Intake Manifold,

Quote:
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #13
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Quote:
No I told you I got it back from the shop where they alligned it.
The tie rod is still broken and I told them not to bother with it cause its on natioanl back order. Its the last bit I need and the goat is ready to roll again.

oh dont be modest. with very few mods and for small bucks you will be running faster times then me.

oh please! The interior is horrid. the plastic dash board and center council are made from melted down toy soldiers.
The shifter feels fake, like a shifter on one of those Initial D video arcades and the seats look like they where ripped off a 89 grand caravan.

I do love the handling though, its so easy to kick around and it feels very light. The electronic steering is amazingly fast, it is the electronic counter part of what the Evo is to conventianal linkage. The power sucks in first but its largely due to the torque management which cuts boost and limits the butterfly so you cant go WOT. A little tweek from HPTunners and its all resolved and the best part is how cheep the mods are.
For 600 bucks you get a stage II ready to plug and play
True, you can not say enough about the handling. Definately a fun little car to drive around. But I sat there listening to the dealer talk about how you have to fork out more cash for a lsd, for it to look like something above the LT (they charge more for the combat wing and a decient interior) and even then it just wasn't up to par in speed compared to the market. Sure, you can upgrade to Stage 2 but from what I have seen, Stage 2 puts you at the same level as the SRT-4. I would take the SRT-4 anyday over the Cobalt SS or the Redline but to each his own. And I know you have a grudge agiasnt the SRT-4 because you drove it into a pole or something but from the factory I just think the SRT-4>SS or Redline. Having driven both, the SRT-4 is much more of a blast to drive, no doubt about it. But at the same time, the SS and Redline are still some sweet cruisers to run around in.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:01 AM   #14
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
The power sucks in first but its largely due to the torque management which cuts boost and limits the butterfly so you cant go WOT.
I feel your pain...

Wait a tic...

Thats it, thats my new signature. Its not boost lag, its "torque management".
Old 09-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #15
Gotian
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gotian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I feel your pain...

Wait a tic...

Thats it, thats my new signature. Its not boost lag, its "torque management".

Except you have it worse than the redline, you get cut off waaaaay before redline, ECU upgrade will cure that though.
Gotian is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing