Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
dchrist
AF Newbie

Just got a 02 CXL... but I have???'s

02 CXL AWD 3.4L Dark Blue Steel upper and Dark Grey Metallic lower (not your traditional tan, pewter, or gold colors). 84000 miles for $500 less than loan value - feel we gotta good deal on it.

I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago and really like it. It has every possible option available and everything works. While driving it home we had the radio on (great sound) and I noticed some whirring noise. I got home and read the owners manual and discovered this to be the auto leveling system (tow package - air compressor).
Now as I said I really like this Vous but the ride towards the rear of the unit is much stiffer than my '97 Jimmy. Does the Vous have shocks or struts in the rear that can soften the ride some or does the system have any manual adjustments that a guy can make?
Your comments would be greatly appreciated...!!!
dchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
dchrist
AF Newbie

Re: Just got a 02 CXL... but I have???'s

Well I finnally got this issue taken care of. I took the Vous to the dealership for the ride quality and my AWD Disable light has been on for the last month. I was told the shocks were bottoming out and the ride quality was totally dependant on the air assist system making the quality as that of the old air shocks we used to put in our old hot rods back in the day. So they replaced the shocks at $150 for the pair plus a new air line harness for $132. Then the rear differential acuator valve located inside the diff was unresponsive causing the AWD Disable light to come on. So they replaced that as well at $172 plus rear end fluid for $27. All is well now $826 later. Thought I would post this stuff to possibly help anyone else who has similar issues.
Tomorrow it goes in for a $200 tune up and oil change.
dchrist is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous