Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
bleomoran
AF Newbie

Question Sonata Camshaft Position A Sensor replaced, won't start....

Ray and Company, code error, P 0340 Camshaft Position A Sensor, 2.4lL engine. I replaced sensor. No start. Ray the sensor was on the front of the engine (front corner of the valve cover). 5 mins. to replace. HMAService doesn't show the emissions diagram page, it is blank. Anyway with the new part the error code still comes up, P 0340. Is there another camshaft sensor A in the back of the valve cover driver's side like you said? I will look again to see if I see another one. Need help guys.....Thanks, Brian....
bleomoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 PM   #2
gquinn
AF Newbie

Re: Sonata Camshaft Position A Sensor replaced, won't start....

I have a car with the same problem. Have replaced the sensor and still get code and will run for 4 seconds then shut down. I have been told their is a potential problem with the harness going to crankshaft sensor rubing and shorting out causing same code. Any Ideas??
gquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
gquinn
AF Newbie

So far cam and crankshaft sensors replaced after a timing belt replacement. Customer asked to have the camshaft sensor replaced when timing belt was replaced because another shop told him it was bad. Have checked ecm relay and replaced pcm still cranks runs for 4 seconds then shuts down. @ seperate camshaft sensors have been installed and they do not test as shopkeys say they should but niether did the crankshaft sensor. WHen car shuts off, power to the injectors stays on and plugs still fire. I am going to check the injector pulses from the pcm tomorrow
gquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
tmiller11147
AF Newbie

Gquinn,

I am having the exact same problem as you. Did you ever find the cause?

2002 2.4l sonata 75k mi

replaced the sensor but still fails after about 10 miles. cleared the code and let cool down then it does the same after 10 miles.

Starts and runs for a few seconds.

Thanks,
Tom
tmiller11147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #5
tmiller11147
AF Newbie

Problem was a bad ignition coil for cyl 2-3.

Tom
tmiller11147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
LuxMirabileVisu
AF Newbie

I've been having similar problems, although mine have not been resolved yet. Apparently there's another mystery sensor, the crank misfire sensor, that seemed to be a likely culprit in my case. It wasn't the culprit, but it might be for you.

I've had replaced: timing belt and components, PCV hose, pickup coils, CAM sensor, crank sensor, and crank misfire sensor. No dice.
LuxMirabileVisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
rickkalexandersr
AF Newbie

Sonata Camshaft Position A Sensor replaced, won't start....

My 2006 Sonota V6 3.3 suddenly paused & stopped accelerating. Even when flooring it no acceleration nor rpm increase. Got error code P0346 (Bank A Camshaft Position Sensor) and a few other codes indicating cylinders 2 and 4 misfiring). Btw, Bank A is Bank 2, affecting Cylinders 2, 4, & 6. There are 2 cam sensors onthe V6 3.3. Bank A or 2 is located on the front right of engine closest to radiator. Fairly easy to access and replace. But after replacing and leaving battery disconnected for 2 hours, car still won't start and I don't know why (battery still has plenty of juice). Does anyone know the next step.
I need help. I'm clearly not a mechanic. I only posted what I've learned so far to hopefully help someone along the way.
rickkalexandersr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Sonata