Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #1
Arti_2005
AF Newbie

2002 Rendezvous CXL problem. HELP!

Hey guys i have a big problem with my buick. When i first go to the car and try to open it with the remote it doesnt work so i use the key. I get in the car and start it but none of the dash lights work and the RPM gauge stays on zero then after 10 seconds later the horn honks and the lights come on and RPM gauge shows 700 RPM. Another thing is the gas gauge always shows full until its empty it goes all the way down to empty right away and thats when i know to go get gas. There is other things that are wrong and im thinkin it might be the computer but i wanna know what u guys think. If u guys think its the computer can u please tell me where the main computer is located. Thanx.
Arti_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Chameleon-kat
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Chameleon-kat Send a message via Yahoo to Chameleon-kat
Re: 2002 Rendezvous CXL problem. HELP!

One thing all the symptoms you describe that may have in common is connection to BCM (Body Control Module). It is located under the console shifter area and while physical replacement may not be that difficult, in order to work properly it would have to be programmed by dealer. Before you go to have it replaced though, here is some things to check and what one enterprising Pontiac owner did to resolve some similar troubles:
'I've heard of that happening on the Pontiac version a couple times. Assuming the vous starts ok and battery is good, you might want to check the hot connection from battery to undehood fuse box to make sure it is tight and not corroded. And here is what another owner did to correct similar troubles:

' Assuming the battery and charging system are ok, they one thing in common with this is the BCM. Before you go running to dealer to have this exspensive part replaced, I know of one person (elsewhere) that fixed very similar troubles by cleaning all the connections to BCM with product called 'DeOxit' (electrical connection cleaner) and ensured connections were tight. This person also did the same with all the fuses/relays in nearby fuse box. When cleaning around relay #23, they found what was possible arcing (short) to nearby ground plate and after cleaning that, he put a small strip of electrical tape over that area. He has not reprted any troubles since that I know of.' Good luck
Chameleon-kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
webdeb
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 Rendezvous CXL problem. HELP!

I have had to replace one wheel bearing. I have the squeaky brake problem and now I am having major electrical problems with my 2002 Buick Rendezvous. Although I am finding multiple posts on different sites like this, Buick says they are not aware of these problems. They told me that before they do a recall they have to have multiple complaints. If you are having any problems at all with your Rendezvous please call GM customer service at 1-800-521-7300 and open a ticket with them. Then maybe we will get them to do something. Also, go to www.nhtsa.gov and file a complaint.
webdeb is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Rendezvous