Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 07:52 AM   #1
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Air Ride

Are there any people who have an air suspension setup on their car?

How much would a complete system be?

How is the ride and handling?

How well would they work in the snow?
I could always get a junker and drive around during the winter...
Old 05-22-2002, 01:11 AM   #2
AirbagsOnDaHonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to AirbagsOnDaHonda
Dude: Before even considering getting bagged, make sure you know what you are getting in to. So far, I've spent like $2500 on mine, and I'm not happy with them at all. I just got a new nine gallon tank Friday, and I bought a new 3/4 hp compressor the week before, b/c my old one was about shot. My bags leak, (like everyone else with them), so I have to constantly pump my car up while I'm driving. And since my compressor is so damn big, I have to have a circuit breaker and solenoid and crap, and for some reason, my solenoids keep shorting out or something. Also, my tires are now SHOT b/c of the bags. I'm just waiting to have a blowout on my front tires. The inside tread has completely come apart. Not safe. As for the cornering.......hell, there IS no cornering! haha my car shifts from side to side whenever I make a turn. And when it does this, the back tires scrub like hell. The ride is a lot better than a truck with bags though. Its usually pretty smooth, except if I'm riding with it all the way up or all the way down.
But damn if it doesnt turn some heads! I'm THE only car in all surrounding counties with bags. Everyone is amazed when I play with my switches at red lights and at the mall and movies and stuff. That shit gives me an adrenaline rush!!!!!
AirbagsOnDaHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 02:43 AM   #3
tk89acc
AF Regular

he pretty much summed it up. Its a sacrafice but it serves it purpose. Airbagsondahonda have you checked your ground running from your solenoid. I had that problem but it was because mine was not connected to my switch well and power was constantly running through the solenoid.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:47 PM   #4
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Ok you've pretty much turned me off to them I love a car that handles good, so that won't be good for me. And I'm not looking to show off, so I guess I'll just go coilovers like everyone else.
93speed is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels