Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Ecotan
AF Newbie

SPI to Zetec swap Problems

I have finished an SPI to a Zetec swap in a blown Focus I bought off a friend. Everything in the new engine comes out good. However, it cranks over but I am not receiving any spark. I have checked all of my wires and everything is wired properly.

The PCM in the car is still the SPI PCM and from what I have read the car can still run with the SPI PCM. Is that true or do I need to change the PCM to the Zetec PCM in order to get spark. Is there anything else that I am missing that would prevent the engine from throwing a spark?

A side note is that the car is not throwing any codes as of right now.

I have spent some time looking over the engine, I ordered new crankshaft and camshaft positioning sensors in case one has gone bad. Only cost about 40 dollars for the two so I said why not. The SPI engine read the driveshaft position from the pulley and the Zetec reads it off of the flywheel. I wouldn't think this would cause a problem but I have the SPI flywheel on the engine. Maybe that might be an issue. I am currently looking for a automatic flywheel for the Zetec but am not having any luck.

Last edited by Ecotan; 03-18-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: New information
Ecotan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max