Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
turkey28
AF Newbie

P0327 and P0332

Could these Knock sensor low input codes be caused by a failing battery? My battery was dead 2 days ago. I charged it and it has been starting but today after starting a couple of times in a row these codes came up. I've never had any codes before and it was running fine. It is a 2002 Suburban with the 6.0 engine.
turkey28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: P0327 and P0332

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey28 View Post
Could these Knock sensor low input codes be caused by a failing battery? My battery was dead 2 days ago. I charged it and it has been starting but today after starting a couple of times in a row these codes came up. I've never had any codes before and it was running fine. It is a 2002 Suburban with the 6.0 engine.

not normal both have a problem. I would look at the driverside KS connector at the wiring harness that goes to the under upper manifold ks components. this connector is the common component.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
turkey28
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
not normal both have a problem. I would look at the driverside KS connector at the wiring harness that goes to the under upper manifold ks components. this connector is the common component.
What about the actual question.. could it be a failing battery not providing enough power?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
What about the actual question.. could it be a failing battery not providing enough power?
this computer is not stupid . if the circuit to the ks is open , then it will throw these codes. check those cable connectors and the wires in that circuit.

this has nothing to do with voltage of the battery.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
turkey28
AF Newbie

Dropped it at the dealer today, we'll see what happens...........
Old 04-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Hope the visit goes well for you, turkey28! Looking forward to an update.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
turkey28
AF Newbie

They said both sensors tested "open". Both were replaced. $789.00(OUCH!!) later I'm back on the road. I thought it was pretty high, but I didn't want to try to do it. It broke down to almost $350 in parts and the rest labor.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
They said both sensors tested "open". Both were replaced. $789.00(OUCH!!) later I'm back on the road. I thought it was pretty high, but I didn't want to try to do it. It broke down to almost $350 in parts and the rest labor.
so you believe that 2 sensors could open at exactly the same time ? did you ask for these "open" sensors ?

finding the open connector to these sensors , how much could they charge ?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
turkey28
AF Newbie

Quote:
so you believe that 2 sensors could open at exactly the same time ? did you ask for these "open" sensors ?

finding the open connector to these sensors , how much could they charge ?
I didn't get the sensors but I can see that they had the intake off, all clean and new gasket showing. I've dealt with them before and have always been treated well. I've also learned over the years that anything is possible, except maybe fixing a vehicle over the internet...
Old 04-11-2012, 07:34 AM   #10
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I didn't get the sensors but I can see that they had the intake off, all clean and new gasket showing. I've dealt with them before and have always been treated well. I've also learned over the years that anything is possible, except maybe fixing a vehicle over the internet...
working on electrical devices for decades I never seen two sensors fail the exact time , the exact same way.

with other things in this world we live , especially when people are involved sure anything is possible !

these forums are here to help vehicle owners get info on their vehicles . this is used to guide them thru repairs they are doing , or help protect them from the many crooks out there.

not wanting to repair this your self is not uncommon. with no manual to guide you step by step , so this is done properly , having a repair shop replace the sensors is a good idea.

if you do not like working vehicles ,,, when they get 5-7 years old it would be better if you replaced the vehicle. repair costs at the dealership's are the highest in the repair market.

one final comment , you cannot repair anything over the internet.

as the dealership confirmed the ks sensor circuit was open , this is what I stated when you first asked , with this code.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
turkey28
AF Newbie

Quote:
working on electrical devices for decades I never seen two sensors fail the exact time , the exact same way.

with other things in this world we live , especially when people are involved sure anything is possible !

these forums are here to help vehicle owners get info on their vehicles . this is used to guide them thru repairs they are doing , or help protect them from the many crooks out there.

not wanting to repair this your self is not uncommon. with no manual to guide you step by step , so this is done properly , having a repair shop replace the sensors is a good idea.

if you do not like working vehicles ,,, when they get 5-7 years old it would be better if you replaced the vehicle. repair costs at the dealership's are the highest in the repair market.

one final comment , you cannot repair anything over the internet.

as the dealership confirmed the ks sensor circuit was open , this is what I stated when you first asked , with this code.
I am sorry if I offended you. I've had a rough few months, trying to keep my Dad's Jeep running. Haven't had any luck with that even after taking it to 2 different mechanics and working on it myself. When my vehicle acted up I didn't have it in me to work on it. It was one of those "get it fixed at almost any cost" just as long as I didn't have to do it.

It is fixed now and it is one less thing for me to worry about.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
j cAT
AF Fanatic

I was not offended by your reply in any way. just don't like seeing owners pay far too much for some of these repairs.