Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 01:26 PM   #1
71 cuda'
AF Newbie

KLZE heads,cams,intake manifold on the KL03??

hi, first of all its true that you can put the heads cams and intake manifold on the KL03 from the KLZE right?, the reason i want to do this is because everyone says that its hard to turbo a KLZE because they blow because of there high compression, so ill just take the stuff off the ZE and put it on the 03...i was wondering also how much hp will i get more?...the KL03 is at 164hp, but with the heads,cams,intake manifold from the ZE, will go to like maybe 180hp?, then ill really tune it with aftermarket stuff then slap on a turbo, and if any other stuff fits from the ZE to the 03 to make it even better let me know about it, isnt this what alot of probe gt owners do? whats best? - thanks -
Old 06-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
RigsPGT
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to RigsPGT
Re: KLZE heads,cams,intake manifold on the KL03??

1- Absolutely true. The heads and intake manifold flow better and have square ports vs round ones found on a-spec engines. These along with the cams and flat top pistons make the ZE ~200hp. If you only put the ZE intake manifold ( better top end) you want to match the ports on your DE (KL03) heads. To do soo, purchase a set of thermo spacers (phenolic spacers) and port the intake side or get your DE head ports square.

2-If you go turbo, you need to tune it right! This applies to every engine not only ZE. ZEs are more prone to drop intake valves on high rpms or redlined (mine did too). ZEs make more power when turbo on lower PSi due to their 10:1 compression so if you want 250whp on just 5-7psi (depending on other factors)thats your best bet.
If you dont feel comfortable with tunning, stay DE, turbo it and enjoy the extra power. My friend made 298whp with a DE(KL03) on 10psi (impressive)

3- A DE engine with ZE heads, cams and intake manifold will net you 180hp (crank not wheel) with supporting mods. With Megasquirt and maybe some more aggressive cams, you might be ~180whp.

For more info on this, visit PT! Lots of good stuff
Rio94GT, New DE, now in her 40's! MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Ported ZE-IM with spacers, 65mm TB, MSD 6A, Coil Blaster 2, Walbro 255LPH, Aeromotive AFPR, 310cc, HS Headers, Cai, 2.5" Magnaflow Cat-back, 16lbs Fw & SBC FE clutch, STS, Illuminas & Eibachs, 16mm Sway Bar, AWR MMs, Brembos & Hawks, MR7 17s with Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S, HIDs, T3 60trim 90% complete! ProbeTalk.com
RigsPGT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe