Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
bboud1
AF Newbie

Question 1985 - 528e - Buy or Not?

They are asking $2,200 - outside is in great shape. Running great. I'm a girl on Maui that knows nothing about cars, are repairs going to kill me???

aLOHA!

Becky
bboud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #2
Peter R. Lewis
AF Newbie

Smile

The 528 E's were engineered during the last energy crisis and have engines and differential gears made to get good gas mileage rather than speed. Many BMW people want performance off the line and do not like this car but I love mine as it gets 32 mpg on the road with 210,000 miles on it with automatic. They are very reliable but you have to make sure the timing belt is changed about every 50,000 miles. There should be a sticker in the engine area stating the last time it was changed.
Peter R. Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
bbigelow
AF Newbie

Re: 1985 - 528e - Buy or Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboud1
They are asking $2,200 - outside is in great shape. Running great. I'm a girl on Maui that knows nothing about cars, are repairs going to kill me???

aLOHA!

Becky
Our family has owned a 528e for the past five years. It is an 86 and has been the first vehicle for our two oldest children. This car has been the most reliable and economical vehicle we have ever owned. It is still going strong at 366,00 kms. No unneccesary repairs, just regular maintainance. Good reliable buy and it will be worth the 2K you paid for quite some time.
Bob
bbigelow is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series