Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:04 PM   #1
DragnWRX
AF Newbie

is there a point? really?

hey plzz post...........Is there even a point to getting a tib i mean that look phat n all but can u get any power wut so ever or should i just stay with a go kart? i mean shit if i had the cash im willing to swap out the engine with somethin nice kuz it looks so nice but i need some power im tired of getting raged on by all the lil honda b!tches...........I WANT A SLEEPER
Old 07-02-2003, 12:35 AM   #2
Bad_Tuscani
AF Newbie

If you own a Tib, and your losing to Honduhs, then it's either A: You have an automatic, or B: You can't drive a stick.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:10 AM   #3
180driftking
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 180driftking
I actually love my tiburon, i've beatin alot of cars including monte carlos, mustangs and hondas, and ive only done simple upgrades. but does anybody know if the tien shockacho's (suspension) are any good, cause i plan on getting them and dont really know if its worth the $1,600.

Old 07-02-2003, 04:15 PM   #4
Akisan2
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad_Tuscani
If you own a Tib, and your losing to Honduhs, then it's either A: You have an automatic, or B: You can't drive a stick.
If hyundai can call honda honduhs, automotuve world is doomed. Say honda drivers, since Honda as a car company is far superior. Civics are meant to be econony cars and the drivers who doesn't have enough money put in kits and intakes are the blame. Tib isn't the worst thing is the world, but I find hyundai owners who tends to flame honda cause of its dumb drivers I found hilarious.

when you make a car that's better then NSX, start flaming Honda, but that will never happen, so can you please stop and flame the drivers, not the actual car company.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #5
Bad_Tuscani
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Akisan2

If hyundai can call honda honduhs, automotuve world is doomed. Say honda drivers, since Honda as a car company is far superior. Civics are meant to be econony cars and the drivers who doesn't have enough money put in kits and intakes are the blame. Tib isn't the worst thing is the world, but I find hyundai owners who tends to flame honda cause of its dumb drivers I found hilarious.

when you make a car that's better then NSX, start flaming Honda, but that will never happen, so can you please stop and flame the drivers, not the actual car company.

HHHHmmmmm......last time i checked, was in the Dallas sunday paper, and it mentioned something by some company, J.D. Powers (whoever that is) which stated that as of 2003 Hyundai has tied with honda for the number 2 slot, with toyota still in #1.......but hey, what does J.D. know??
Check it out .USA Today: Hyundai ties Honda for #2 in reliability and quality

Since i've had my tiburon, I have yet to lose to any Honda I've raced. I'm not sure how much HP I have, since i haven't dynoed it, but i do know from experience that i stay neck and neck with the new GT Mustangs from light to light, and i burn them in the 60ft and take off, which i think is damn good for an I4 2.0L 4cyl.

I've hated Honduh even b4 i owned my tiburon. I also currently own a 1987 300ZX Turbo, with a sponsership thru K&N, which runs the 1/4 in 12.86 sec @ 131mph (traction issues, but thats what happens when your pushing 536HP out of a 3.0L V6 with the car only waying 2700lbs after weight reduction), and still, even with my times shoe polished allover my car, and sponsership stickers( i currently have 2 speed shops in TX backing me also), i would still have honda's trying to race me on the street. I will say one thing about honda OWNERS (i hope i haven't offended any of them)......they do lose gracefully.

I hope i haven't offended anyone, or come across as flaming, just the main thing that erks me is every1 trying to say that honda is soooo superior, have of which, haven't even tried out the NEW hyundai's since the company's now been taken over by people who give a damn about quality and reliability.......oh yeah, and uh, where's honda's 10yr 100,000 mile warranty?

Last edited by Bad_Tuscani; 07-02-2003 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Akisan2
AF Regular

you think i haven't heard all that? As a company SALES, hyundai ain't too shabby. I know that and I awknowledge that.

You realize that Honda=Acura and Honda as a company is treated here different then Acura. No way in HELL can acura be tied with hyundai for quality. Honda also produces Motorcyles, ATVs, F1 cars, electric wheelchairs, lawnmowers.....in the world not just in Korea. They are the first hand innovaters in clean car technology. And no matter what kind od those "www" or hard facts you bring in, Honda's technology and passion for the quality car will no be beaten. I have yet to see any car that is engineered like NSX that can produce such specs with mere c32b v6 motor that poduces only 280bhp.

Wheres hyundai's Hydrogen powered car? Humanoid robots? Does hyundai's car use the least gasoline possible in gasoline fueled car? Where's world's best LEV or NGV for your almighty hyundai?
Best yet, I have yet to see Any AWD or RWD stock production cars that produce above 200bhp or more here in US. Hyundai has yet to make anything that seems impressive. The day hyundai makes such a great chasis for mass production car that can compete against EVO, STI, ATESA and make such an engine to accompany such technology, then I'll shut up and give hyundai props. So I guess not in at least 20 years.

Quote:

Since i've had my tiburon, I have yet to lose to any Honda I've raced. I'm not sure how much HP I have, since i haven't dynoed it, but i do know from experience that i stay neck and neck with the new GT Mustangs from light to light, and i burn them in the 60ft and take off, which i think is damn good for an I4 2.0L 4cyl.

Hell----o
TIB V6
2.7-Liter, V6, 24-Valve, DOHC, MPFI Engine, Front/Transverse Mounted With Horsepower Of 170@6000, Torque Of 181@4000, Aluminum Block and Cylinder Head

TIB I4
2.0-Liter, I4, 16-Valve, DOHC, MPFI Engine, Front/Transverse Mounted With Horsepower Of 134@6000, Torque Of 132@4500, Cast Iron Cylinder Block and Aluminum Head

Stang GT
4.6-Liter, 16-Valve, 90-Degree V8, SOHC, SEFI Engine, Front/Longitudinal Mounted With Horsepower Of 260@5250, Torque Of 302@4000, Cast Iron Block, Cast Aluminum Cylinder Heads

Hmm lets do some simple math
You aid you have i4? 134bhp vs. 260bhp, 260 torque vs. divide that by half....
oh sorry I forgot your intake and exhaust and your bored throttle.
intake give or take 5-7 bhp assume you get good set up, exhaust anywher from 3-10 bhp, TB not too sure, but mainly high end power.

Well no rocket scientist is needed for this.

Next time race something like RSX, Type S, TSX, hell NSX to see if dumb Honduh is that crappy. Stop racing stupid ricer boy in civic or old integra. The GT You gotta post pics, Dyno, timeslip cause you're one of those typical "I beat !@$!%^ in my tib! u'all Haters'"

as for the warrenty, I do not know. And not much I can say excpet it is a good sounding warrenty. But how come I haven't seen much NEW tib in here at all?(I live in OR) I saw 350Z more then new tib. If they are so great and cheap, why aren't people riding them?

What hyundai needs to do is come up with a unique technology like VTEC, NSX like honda, Rotery for Mazda, Evo for Mitsu, Supra for Toyota....American companies like Chevy got corvette, Dodge got Viper... Hyundai got no Flagship cars.

Hey as for sales and all, Hyundai sain't shabby like I said. I see this won't last unless Hyundai realizes that company needs something unique rather then copy the trend of the auto market.

I ain't going to shut down everything, so I know Hyundai can make a difference. But not until you get some intelligent marketing and innovative technology that sets your foot solid in the automotive world, you guys are still floating without a destination.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:37 AM   #7
Redrunner
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Redrunner
ok hmmm I will give Tiburon a little respect my friend has a 1996 FX and ran a 15.2 at track he clams it is stock but we know thats a lie

Anyway can you name one car other then the tiburon that honda made the is worth talking about I mean look at the 1993 Scoupe Turbo wit a respective 16.3
( and the turbo did what to this car)

and then why would you but a tiburon up next to a DX or EX or CX what about placing it next to a SIRor SIR2 or SI

I mean really Hyundai is worst then ford

Like I said before they should add truck heaters to their car so when you push it in the winter your hands will be warm

MODs:
Real Cold Air Intake (the one that sucks air from under car)
Compucar NOS hybrid wet fogger system (55 shot)

Old 07-03-2003, 12:42 AM   #8
Teabagger Vance
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with Ford at all.....
Old 07-03-2003, 12:45 AM   #9
Redrunner
AF Enthusiast

hmmm thats what you think I type what i think lets not start that import vs Ford shit here to

TY

oh and you should read the forum about the guy in the GSR racing the mustang and the mustang wheel coming off and hitting the guys window

its a good one

MODs:

Old 07-03-2003, 01:00 AM   #10
Redrunner
AF Enthusiast

10yr 100,000 mile warranty hmmm... why would they give you that lets think maybe they know their car is shitty and because they get the parts for the car out of a lucky charms box it is easy to give you that 10yr 100,000 mile warranty

But when it is all gone LOL have fun with your v8 cobra killer

MODs:

Old 07-03-2003, 01:48 AM   #11
Bad_Tuscani
AF Newbie

Well, i see the only people here that disagree seem to be honda and mazda owners. i kinda expected feedback from some tiburon owners. You non-hyundai/tiburon drivers gotta have atleast some intrest in the tiburon, or else you wouldn't be on a tiburon board. If i was bashing on honda's quality, then why would i say the tiburon TIED with them??. I haven't raced an NSX, so i can still honestly say i haven't lost to a honda yet. I've raced old civics, new civics, Si's NO SIR's, accords, all of which have had all or most of the usual mods ie; intake, exhuast, headers, cams yada yada. I wasn't comparing the tiburon to the NSX in any way.....look at the price difference. For UNDER $20,000 several companies/magazines have rated the 2003 tiburon as the best sports coupe. Compared as 4 cyl. the I4's that are 5 speeds are quicker than the civic stock and have more torque. The civics I've raced have had a 1.6L or 1.8L the I4 tiburons have a 2.0L. I don't know how the civics shift, or the mazda's. When racing my shifts are from 1-2nd @35mph, 2-3rd @ 70mph, 3-4th @ 100, and 4-5th @ 130. I've taken it up to 145mph, but the Z3 i was racing finally shut down, and i beat him by about a car length. We raced on the highway, from a 65 mph roll and i pulled on him the whole time. I've never even driven a honda so i don't know what they're capable of, but i do know the ones i've raced, i've beat.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:29 AM   #12
Akisan2
AF Regular

I just came here and post since there are many hyundai owners that seems to be "lost" about their cars. $ is factor about the cars I agree,Nsx is very pricy car. But honda has far superior technology and that's what my point is about. Hyundai cannot make a car as good as NSX with the same budget.

I get kinda irritated when I see company that dones not have half of the technology and innovation as Honda bashing at them(Well not actualy hyundai, but many owners of hyundai). Civics are great economy cars but not really a racer car unless you have serious $. Civics aren't originally meant to be a SPORTS compact car, but an economical car, like that of elantra. And NO I WILL RATHER LICK A TOILET THEN OWN A HYUNDAI. I do not have .0000001% of interest about actually owning any hyundai.

I do admit, that tibby is a decent car for $ I never doubted or challenged that. I just rather much pay extra to own a honda then Hyundai. Hyundai simply gives many serious car enthusiasts bad impressions.(But in reality, I'd buy nissan.) Hyundai isn't really known to be "Fast." They are "sorta" trying but it is just another economical-compact sports coupe with very cheap components piled up to run under very poorly designed V6.

But like I said, Hyundai isn't off the market or complete crap....well close. They do have future and that they do have chance to shine. But I see no strength from Hyundai as a car company in the future. That's what I am trying to say.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:48 PM   #13
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I've hated Honduh even b4 i owned my tiburon. I also currently own a 1987 300ZX Turbo, with a sponsership thru K&N, which runs the 1/4 in 12.86 sec @ 131mph (traction issues, but thats what happens when your pushing 536HP out of a 3.0L V6 with the car only waying 2700lbs after weight reduction), and still, even with my times shoe polished allover my car, and sponsership stickers( i currently have 2 speed shops in TX backing me also), i would still have honda's trying to race me on the street. I will say one thing about honda OWNERS (i hope i haven't offended any of them)......they do lose gracefully.
500 horses and you can only muster a high 12? Not tryin to flame but you suck at the shifting and its time to swap in an auto. Whats with the trap speed? Thats 10/11s trap speed
Now

Quote:
Yet its still faster than your POS.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:09 PM   #14
Redrunner
AF Enthusiast

LOL I would hope so I mean my car is stock for one and not a race car

plus if I had a v8 and something It better do something other then drink gas

MODs:

Old 07-03-2003, 03:28 PM   #15
DkShadow
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Redrunner
plus if I had a v8 and something It better do something other then drink gas
300mi on full tank is not too shabby considering 4.10s... also not to forget that LS1s/LS6s make 26mpg+

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani