Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #1
flair666369
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to flair666369
Question Quick question about about different engine years and parts compatability. HELP!!!

My friend has enheireted a 1971 5.7 350 engine with a bad crankshaft and a 1986 5.0 305 engine with a bad block. Is there any way he can put the two together to make one good engine? Are they compatable? Another question is that the whole entire skirt on one of the cylinders of the 86 block is missing and the cylinder wall is gouged, can something like that be sleeved? If you sleeve one cylinder do all others have to be sleeved? Thanx afor the help.
flair666369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #2
Pewter'01SS
AF Enthusiast

I think they used the same crank but I wouldn't use it, they aren't that much to buy a new one you know will be OK. I'm pretty sure they can sleeve that cyl. and I don't think you have to redo all cyl. at the came time. Wish I could tell you all this with more certainty. I would contact a local machine shop, ask them about resleeving the block and if he is coing to use the old crank, find out how much the machine shop would charge to redo it.

'01 Camaro SS - SLP Short Throw Shifter, Granatelli Air Lid, blue neon underbody kit

'92 Chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 - 350 w/ 190,000 miles and in desperate need of a rebuild.

'86 Chevy S10 - 350 w/ 400 Turbo trans, B&M Pro-Ratchet, 4.56 Posi, 350 is gone and slowly being replaced.
Pewter'01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #3
flair666369
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to flair666369
Re: Quick question about about different engine years and parts compatability. HELP!!!

soory about the late reply, i'm in the army and i had to go out and train for a little, i'll send the message to my freind, thanks for the help.
flair666369 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion