Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 03:02 AM   #1
doodledo824
AF Regular

racing war stories

i know we should keep racing off the streets but this was an opportunity to good to pass up. my friend and i were on our way to a club on tuesday and right before you get on the highway there's a red light light strategically placed before you enter. (it's route 21 , boogie knows what i'm talking about). low and behold a jetta gli 2.0 pulls up complete with the bbs wheels and what looked to be an opak muffler. He started revving his little 16 valve at me and sure enough i started giving him a little intake noise although i doubt he heard it over that loud ass opak. i launch at about 4 grand and my car spins first to about 5800 and then catches, a decent launch considering at that rpm i usually spin all of first i get him by like half a car and by second gear i've got him by like a car and a half. when i shifted to third i started losing a little ground he started coming on strong and by fourth he was almost neck and neck by that time we both slowed down cause 2 cars coming into the dredded "s" turn just wouldn't work but i was impressed with the vw and once again i was a little dissapointed with my third gear but all and all agood time was had by all. it seems that in most instances i do pretty well but vw's and acura's have some pretty potent third gears.
doodledo824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:20 AM   #2
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

good run dude! our G's were never intended to be drag raced. would've been more fun to see how you guys handled on the s-curve. damn, I've killed some GTi's on my AT yah, AT P11 coming off of the expressway s-curves. just held the gear in 2nd and massaged the accelerator a tad. TEIN's and the beam sus is pretty damn impressive! and I'm even using some cheepo RE910 all season tires! hehehehe.
1998 Prelude SS - TEIN HA with upper pillows, SSR Integrals 17x7 with SP8000 (215/45), GReddy Evo catback, Iceman Comp Intake, DC Sports header, Apexi VAFC, ZEX 55 shot with bottle heater, NOS blanket, Factory Body Kit, Spoon F/R tower bars, JDM Foglamps, Carbon Fiber trim, Razo pedals &knobs, Fiamm Dual air horn

Future Mods: Lighten car, 2nd 10lbs nitrous bottle would be nice too.

2001 G20 P11 AT- TEIN NA, TRM Snipers 17x7 with Potenza RE910 (215/45), Arospeed Dual-outlet Muffler, K&N Drop-in Airfilter, WW Front Lip, Nakamichi MB75 1DIN 6CD Changer/Receiver, FIAMM Dual Air horns, Levoc Pedals, PIAA (H4 Superwhite H3 Ion Crystal, 168 SuperWhite)

2002 WRX MT- TEIN HA's with upper pillow mounts, 1000Miglia HT3 17x7 with sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17, painted side skirts, Cusco front & rear strut bar, Whiteline rear swaybar, aluminum endlinks, Blitz NUR Catback, HKS seq. BOV, factory front lip, rear valance, Kartboy short shifter and bushings.

Future mods: dressup wheels with Potenza S03 225/45/17 tires, TurboXS UTec, maybe an uppipe. by then, it'll be fast enough.
fiamm dual air horns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote