Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:19 AM   #31
aveo54
AF Newbie

Re: Aveo gas mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Metros
Two thousand miles over isn't a whole lot over. Keep in mind, the "severe" service schedule is supposed to cover all from the less than "normal" to the severest of the severe. Three thousand miles between changes...is really only needed for old-lady service and dirt-road driving.

4000-5000 miles between changes is probably okay, unless you scale Pike's Peak for a living and drive from below freezing to warm-summer temperatures every day.

With highway usage, 7500 is again the most conservative. If you went 10000 miles without changing...unless you had blowby or extreme temperature swings...I wouldn't worry.

The frequent oil change is "insurance." Only a small percentage need to use their insurance - be it collision or oil change.

Take a deep breath. Engine wear is cumulative. The car isn't ruined because the oil got a little yukky...once.
I agree -- stopped changing oil at 3000 miles a long time ago. Even many experts agree that it's a major waste of oil. Used to go 5000 miles between changes with conventional oil, but have switched to Mobil 1 and now change no sooner than 8000 miles.

P.S. Have been driving 36 years and have never had an engine failure even though I've put 200,000+ on many of them. Every other part of the car will fail before the engine with a longer interval between oil changes.
aveo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM   #32
zx2guy
AF Enthusiast

i think overall care for your vehicle dictates its life span (at least relatively compared to it and its sister cars). and some things go bad due to the make and model ( like how ford f 150, explorers, and rangers eat thier ball joints at 40,000, or the focus's screwed up suspension setup) also the design. others to the climate > salted roads, coastal areas, high altitude. i figure if you know what you are doing your car can last forever... and as long as you replace the little things.... gaskets, and other wearable or degradable things.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #33
ddaru_chee
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to ddaru_chee

I'm sorry but I'm in Indonesia and I'm not used in using miles/gallon, I'll use km/litre. The daily consumption of my m/t 2004 Aveo is around 9 to 11 kms/litres (approx 20,67 miles/gallon). It really depends on how deep you step on the gas pedal. Try to hold it under 2000rpm and it can be more efficient. But don't force to use high gear when you don't have enough power, you can lose gas for nothing. Just try to understand the characteristic of the road.
ddaru_chee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #34
Piece_Ride_Driver
AF Newbie

2004 Aveo sedan, 5 speed. 87,000 miles. Average about 30 to 31 on the highway, about 28 in town.
Piece_Ride_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:06 PM   #35
Strider Negro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Strider Negro Send a message via MSN to Strider Negro

I have a 2005 Aveo sedan 5spd at 9500 miles and am currently getting 32.07 mpg. I got this car from a guy who repossessed it so there are things that are aftermarket on it (tires and rims). Not to mention there isn't a manual so I'm looking for a manual, do they sell those at a chevy dealer?

I love the car, lots of pep and it never gets dull for me, only on long ass road trips. Most of my driving is mixed between city/highway.

What I find surprising is that castrol improves fuel economy, I'm going to have to start asking around places to see if they use that oil (i don't know how to change it myself, but I am willing to learn), because like someone else said, you get an improvement of 8 mpg and that is a God send!
Strider Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:25 AM   #36
mikedudley17
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mikedudley17

i do beleive you can get a manual off e-bay but your best bet would be a trip to your local dealer.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:30 AM   #37
Strider Negro
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Strider Negro Send a message via MSN to Strider Negro

Thanks!!
Strider Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #38
Psylow
AF Newbie

To Lulasky: Only 18 around town, I think I would rethink how I drive. I have seen too many people race up to lights/stop signs ,why look at all the gas you waste.
Psylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #39
djmarch
AF Newbie

35 mpg average on my 2004
djmarch is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Aveo