Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 05:55 PM   #1
jkjazzsax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jkjazzsax
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo sound system help!!!

I just recently purchased a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo with infinity sound system. It currently has the AM/FM/Tape/CD player head unit. I'm putting in a new 1200w amp and 2 Audiobahn 10" subs with box in the back. My question is this: Is it possible to hook up my subs to my current head unit, and if so, where might i find the exact diagrams to do so?? Also, is it possible to draw power off the current stock factory amp under the back seat to the new amp? will that draw TOO much power away from the current amp? Please respond, I have no idea what to do.

-jkjazzsax
jkjazzsax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 06:12 PM   #2
weibs75
AF Newbie

Hell yea you can hook it up to your stereo. You need a line output converter to splice off your rear speakers for your RCA cords to run into your new amp. You can hook your remote lead to your amp off your current amp under the seat. But you definitly CAN NOT hook your power off your curent amp to your new amp. You will need to run a fresh power line off your battery straight to your new amp. Any other questions let me know, I do stereo's and window tint for a living!!
weibs75 is offline   Reply With Quote