Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
marc08
AF Newbie

1994 water pump

when i turned on my car it was blowin alot of white smoke off my exhaust and burnin oil and there was water leekin into the oil!! so i figured it was the head gasket and water pump does anyone know how hard it is too change those two things i would really appriciate for some help thanx u
marc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1994 water pump

What motor 2.3 or 3.1? The 2.3 isnt too bad of job nor is the 3.1, but if oil is in the water your problems might be worse than what you think. If you attempt it yourself be sure to keep all the bolts organized, and pay extra close attention and look for cracks down in the cylinders and on the head.

Good luck.
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
marc08
AF Newbie

hey thanx well i almost got the water pump out but there a stupid screw on the headers that i cant get too so i cant take the headers off so i have to work around it which is a bitch to unscrew the water pump
marc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
catback23
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc08
hey thanx well i almost got the water pump out but there a stupid screw on the headers that i cant get too so i cant take the headers off so i have to work around it which is a bitch to unscrew the water pump
with that statement I persume you have a quad 4, dunno if you got the pump out but it's a bitch without taking out the exhaust manifold. If you do the head gasket too you'll have to get the manifold off anyway to get the head out. While it's out you should also check it for cracks and flatness, I had a machine shop do that when I did mine. They cleaned, checked, and surfaced (made it flat) all for a reasonable price, well actually they found a crack in it so I had to get a reman one but at least I didn't put the cracked one back in to only find out later that it was still leaking.
catback23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM