Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skylark
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
lucas_wojo
AF Newbie

Thumbs down 93 Skylark heat issues

My folks have a lark with bad at first then now no heat. The car started to overheat the other day so we tore it down and gave it a new thermostat and then bled the air out but now it has no heat at all. The air is colder than cold almost like the AC is on. I did notice the antifreeze that was left in the lines was black and nasty. We drianed it all out and put a new mix in it. We don't know why it was black or how it got there but it was concerning. I am wondering if the heatercore is plugged up now. I would imagine it is but I am not sure how to flush it out and try that first. I know when I look into the tank it has some of that black nasty in it. We are pretty mechanicly inclined but don't want to throw parts at it.. The car has the 3.3 v6 and auto tranny. Thanks for any help.
lucas_wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
GregD1234
AF Newbie

Re: 93 Skylark heat issues

Might be a bad head gasket. Also may be a blocked core in the radiator. Flush it and make sure you bleed all of the air out.
GregD1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
bcoel
AF Newbie

Re: 93 Skylark heat issues

you may have a bad head gasket, the black stuff could be oil, pressure test or get a head gasket tester it tests for exhaust gasses in the coolant as it is running. you can sometimes tell by watching the radiator fill spout, there may be bubbles in the coolant (air in system) but you stated you got the air out so that may not be true.

if the car is warm to operating temp, feel the hoses (carefully) for heat. upper and lower hoses, heater core hoses ect. ( a thermo gun is a cool tool for this)
bcoel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Skylark